Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

how to unlock memory card in nokia asha 305

Registered Member
TarkeshwarMahto

when u give a any mob with a SD card inbuilt then how to extend mem because some data`s backup r
Posted from Facebook
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: how to unlock memory card in nokia asha 305

Pl. rephrase your query properly.. Its not clear what you want to know ...

BTW the Device in subject has a Memory Card slot and you can use upto 32 GB of Micro SD card if thats what you mean ..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Maybe you're referring to the data that comes pre-installed on the memory card. Most of which will be copy protected and can't be moved to the new card.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nathanyel

can you tell me how can i copy files from pre-installed micro sd card (2GB) of nokia asha 305 to a new micro sd card (8GB)?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Look above.most likely its protected.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

nathanyel wrote:

can you tell me how can i copy files from pre-installed micro sd card (2GB) of nokia asha 305 to a new micro sd card (8GB)?

Have a look HERE and HERE

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

nathanyel wrote:

I am assuming that you have already enabled "Show hidden & system files" on your PC, copy contents of smaller card to PC desktop and back on to larger card.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/hiddenfiles.mspx

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Show-hidden-files

Windows 7 - Open (My) Computer Press the Alt key > Click Tools > Folder Options…Click the View tab, select Show hidden files and folders, and uncheck Hide protected operating system files.

Although I have never experienced issues with a succession of larger memory cards, you could always create an image backup of the memory card using Drive Snapshot and then restore that to the new larger card.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
kunal_21_89

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Pool-of-Knowledge/Forgot-your-memory-card-password-Here-is-what-you-...

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MEMORYPASSWORD

Please tell me find the way to unlock memory card.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

The possible suggestions / solutions for your problem have been already provided in posts above ...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
srikar9

i did restore factory operation in my asha305 without micro sd card.putting micro sd card after completion of restore factory operation  it ask's password(i didn't set any password ).can you tell me what happen and what can i do for this problem.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jayrv

i have the same problem with yours, did u already solved it? if yes can you tell me how?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jcb84

i did restore factory operation in my asha305 without micro sd card& after putting micro sd card after completion of restore factory operation it ask's password, please help me
Please use plain text.