Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

import CSV file into inbox

import CSV file into inbox

Hi,

I am trying to import a CSV file generated through nokia PC suite from my nokia 9300 into nokia 5220. but the option to import the messages into INBOX is disabled and i can only import the messages in archive folder and that too which is shown without the senders name or number.

Is there anyway that i can import the messages directly into inbox as it was in nokia 9300 with right format like i can see the senders info ?

Regards
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: import CSV file into inbox

I have the same problem with my n95, I cannot import messages (exported as a csv) using Nokia Communication Centre on the latest PC Suite as the 'import' button is disabled and unclickable. I can import contacts of the same format in this way just fine.

Any help is much appreciated!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

[ Edited ]
It is possible to import the to the archive folder on your phone, but unfortunately not to the inbox.

Select the Archive then click File>Import and the option will be enabled...

Message Edited by mafios on 08-Oct-2008 03:28 AM
Please use plain text.
maniacmusic

actualy you can.. Import the CVS file in Archive folder, just as mafios said above..

then connect to Nokia Ovi Suite, make a sync to all the messages. Then drag the message from the archive into your inbox.. preety strange solution, but it worked on me.. :smileyhappy:)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jazzie

Where is this archive folder that you mention? I can't seem to find it! I have my messages in Nokia Suite, but only about 100 sent messages are left in the phone - I would like to import them back to the phone from Nokia Suite.

Please use plain text.