Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

malfunction

Registered Member

malfunction

I bought Nokia N-82 a month ago but it has started malfunctioning.sometimes when a nessage comes it keeps on vibrating until I switch it off.Plz tell me why is it happening and what should I do??
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

Re: malfunction

do you have the latest firmware for  your phone ? *#0000# plug it on the home screen to see what version you have. the latest for your phone i believe is v31. see ifyou can update via fota or NSU 

/discussions/board/message?board.id=topfaq&thread.id=59

here is what fota means, also i am not sure that your phone is supported for fota.

this is a link to nsu - nokia software updater

http://europe.nokia.com/get-support-and-software/download-software/device-software-update

You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

it shows version:30.0.019 and by pressing the middle key it dissapears.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

you can either do the first two. make sure you have a back up of your stuff using either nokia pc suite or ovi suite 

or you can try taking the battery out for a moment and reinserting and seeing if this helps you any. it sounds like a bug

now read the below carefully, the first one will not make you lose any data the second one might. see if factory default restore might help and follow it with taking the batt out for a minute or so.  

1. *#7780# - Restore factory settings - resets all the settings to the default ( you will not lose any data)
Make sure you back up your data as you will lose all of it when you perform option 2 or 3 on this list. The default code for ALL operations listed here is 12345

2. *#7370# - Reformat your phone (out of the box, tho keep in mind that most newer nokia phones at least n series, e series and s60 based phones have udp - user data preservation so not ALL data may be lost. still it is a good idea to always do a back up of your stuff.)

3. This you perform as a last resort. Nothing else is working.If the phone is not showing any activity, proceed with hard formatting , turn off your phone, hold the following buttons while pressing the power button. (the default code is 12345)
hard reset - hold the following buttons *, 3 (number button) and talk/green key. turn on the phone and do not release those buttons until you see the Nokia boot up screen. once you feel the phone power up you can let go off the power button while still holding all three buttons ( for Nokia 5800XM - use the following buttons to do a hard reset, GREEN/RED/CAMERA keys pressed all at once on power up. this will only work on 5800's that have firmware version 20... and up. )

If these codes are not working the only thing for you to do is contact your Nokia Care Center/Service for assistance. 

You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.