Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: memory probs with asha 300

Contributor
chant1

memory probs with asha 300

My phone has started to flash up a message that says 'memory full'. I do not have a memory card in , i do not have an excessive amount of photos or videos / saved texts/ etc so i dont understand why it should suddenly start to do this.  Why is it doing it and what should i do to stop it. also how do i stop it happening again ? Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Goto Gallery> Options> Memory Status

That will show which things are consuming up your memory.. You can delete the things that you won't require anymore.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
chant1

i have gone through all my phone and nowhere does it give me the option of Gallery /options/memory status ????

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Sorry. Find it here:
Menu> Settings> Phone> Memory Status
Please use plain text.
Contributor
chant1

Thanks for that. It says -

free memory  105 mb

gallery 52.9 mb

messaging 936 kb   etc etc etc        no were does it say memory full . It only flashes up the 'memory full' message when i am web browsing.  is there somewhere that i can delete browsing history ??

also why is this site sooooooooo   sloooooooowwww ?????? !!!!!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Oops i see.. Memory Full during web browsing means that Phone has consumed up its allowed physical memory (RAM). So it will render memory full as it has no space to store the remaining page to serve you..

But seems you are using the stock browser. It does not compress contents before it is served to you. That makes the page heavy. Try using Opera Mini (version 4.4 or any in 4.x series)and I'm sure you'll never face the same problem again.
You can also try the newer Nokia Browser (works great), if its available for your phone.

And this site is not slow. Its just that the stock browser is slow at rendering pages.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
chant1

Thanks for that.      I would use Opera Mini 4.4 if i had a clue about what you are talking about !!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
chant1

Also is it possible to delete browsing history or is it not necessary ?? Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Opera Mini and Nokia Browser are just different web browsers which work a lot better than the stock browser (in-built browser). Get opera mini from - http://mini.opera.com

I think the stock browser deletes the browsing history when you exit the browser.. You can use 'Clear the Cache' option to clear any temporary files stored on the phone. But that seriously won't have any change on the memory full issue..

Just use Opera Mini and I'm sure you won't like returning back to stock browser ever again. You'll find out the difference in their working.
Also, try using the version 7.x of Opera Mini if that works. Its better than the 4.x but is just a bit more heavy on RAM.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
chant1

OK  thanks for your help.

Please use plain text.