Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

model 1600 security code prob

Registered Member

model 1600 security code prob

i have a nokia 1600. when i use a new sim card or try and reset to factory settings it wants a security code. but i don't remember it. tried my usual ones i use..

what can be done?
Please use plain text.
Professor
navigator

Re: model 1600 security code prob

is your locked to a particular operator,or maybe ou have tried the code more than 3 times which is why it is asking the code.the best thing is to get a software update done
tongue is too confused on what to speak
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]
all you need to do is visit your local care point as you cannot reset the code yourself if you have forgotten it :smileysad: as the NSU does not support the 1600

Message Edited by jonassmith on 07-Feb-2008 01:18 PM
NokIA 5310XM V5.81 - 06-02-08 - RM-303 - 8GB microSD
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

i have a nokia 1600. when i use a new sim card or try and reset to factory settings it wants a security code. but i don't remember it. tried my usual ones i use..

what can be done?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

i have a nokia 1600. when i use a new sim card or try and reset to factory settings it wants a security code. but i don't remember it.
Please use plain text.
Professor
navigator

it will be good if ou check the sim card in another phone and see if it works fine or not.if it is ok better take to NSC for software update
tongue is too confused on what to speak
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Imei no 355540012555021 model NO NOKIA 1600
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shanty007

i have a nokia 1600. when i
use a new sim card or try
and reset to factory
settings it wants a security
code. but i don't remember
it. tried my usual ones i use..
what can be done?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

If 12345 does not work..you will have to visit Nokia Care along with the proof of ownership..(Bill / Invoice) to get it reset...You tend to lose all your data in absence of a back-up..

Please use plain text.