Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: nokia 201 - all downloads are saved as EXT fil...

Contributor
editheraven
Accepted Solution

nokia 201 - all downloads are saved as EXT file

Hello. All downloads from any site are not saved with they extension. For example, if i download an jar file, it saves as EXT file. So, I cannot use it. How i sove this?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

Re: nokia 201 - all downloads are saved as EXT file

Which is the browser you are using?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Contributor
editheraven

I tryied opera mini and nokia browser (the preinstalled ones).
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

Go to m.opera.com or Nokia Store & download opera mini 6.5 from there. using it you will be able to download .jar files.
NOTE- OM 6.5 is not good enough for general browsing as it'll frequently give memory full errors. So for general browsing stick to the other two.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please use plain text.
Contributor
editheraven

It's the same. I installed from m.opera.com opera mini 6.5 . From sofpedia i download file.jar, i select the folder and phone downloads it as file.ext
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

All files from softpedia will be downloaded as EXT if you download them directly on the device. don't know the cause.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
editheraven

[ Edited ]

So is there a software that allows me to rename the file with its extension?

(software for the phone, of course)

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

I don't know one for the device. But you can easily download & install any application on the phone using Nokia Suite.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
editheraven

Ok :smileyhappy: thanks for the info. too bad for this bug :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Advisor
roguecroce

All these .exe are because Softpedia make your download their own sort of zip file which you have to open on a PC this because their file contains advert for other software they are try to sell you. You have to click no.no.no, etc until the file you wanted like an .jar is finally unzipped. Why don't you try getjar from a mobile browser and see if you can download an .jar file from them.

Nick
Please use plain text.
Contributor
editheraven

you got it wrong. it is EXT extension and not exe. and when i select the link of the jar file to save, it ends in JAR si, it would be normal to save it as it is. But it changes it to EXT (not exe)

Please use plain text.
Advisor
roguecroce

OK I get EXT files saved on the SD card of my Asha 201 **bleep** downloading some apps etc. Can you use a PC & install Nokia PC Suite I use an older version as new Suite very large file. You can install .jar apps through PC Suite. Let me know I will look into the EXT file problem.
Nick
Please use plain text.