Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: nokia 206 poor battery life

Counsellor
noddy1222

nokia 206 poor battery life

I had the 206 coming to a week now. And I charged the battery on Fri night full and by Sun evening it was saying battery low and I only used fb, text and whats app. Few mins worth of calls and no music.

Also the phone seems to turn off when using whats app or facebook sometimes.

This is annoying.

Also the E for the internet Edge is on all the time will this kill battery too ?

Dunno how people get 8 days of battery life seems impossible!!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

You should be happy about your phone's battery backup.

With whatsapp the battery is sure to die within two days.

Also note that symbol E with rectangle box around it means that the internet is active.

With whatsapp it will be connected all time.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Sage
carlee12

I suggesting you turn off the Mobile Data when you are not using the Whatsapp and Surfing. Just go to Counter>Mobile Data>Select Off>The E on the top should disappear now and the battery get longer. If you want to use the data again Just Follow the steps again above and select On.
I love T9 Bar Phones | I used to be a Sony Ericson fan before but they leave the low end Phones so I have to switch to Nokia | LG Optimus L5 II and Nokia 206 3
Please use plain text.
Sage
carlee12

Also they say they used it oftenly.
I love T9 Bar Phones | I used to be a Sony Ericson fan before but they leave the low end Phones so I have to switch to Nokia | LG Optimus L5 II and Nokia 206 3
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
noddy1222

carlee12 wrote:
I suggesting you turn off the Mobile Data when you are not using the Whatsapp and Surfing. Just go to Counter>Mobile Data>Select Off>The E on the top should disappear now and the battery get longer. If you want to use the data again Just Follow the steps again above and select On.

That is long process to turn it on and off!

The E doesnt disappear when I turn it off! This is strange!! The rectange around the E disappears but not the E itself.

It managed another 2 days and am recharging it right now.

It cant drain the battery for using whats app for about 10 messages come on get real folks!

The phone apparently can do what 25 hours it was said as talk time? Thats a lot  more than whats app.

The internet is very slow and poor also, very disappointed with this tat!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
noddy1222

2 days is the same as my E52 or the blackberries I had - atleast their net wasnt slow and they had wifi!!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
noddy1222

also the option of "off when roaming" should be when you not using the internet it should turn off llike it did for older models!!

Please use plain text.
Sage
carlee12

Hi Noddy1222,

I am 15 years old, still I understand it. It indicates Off when Roaming so are you in roaming? You are just expecting a lot on a feature Phone like me Before. FYI, my Phone Only Lasts 6hrs using Viber and Ebuddy so you are still Lucky. My Phone is Dual Sim Variant. Just Keep Calm and Charge you're phone any other day.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
noddy1222

what do you mean "roaming"?

In the old Nokia's roaming was meant, if you are NOT using the net, it will go off. If you are then it will turn on.

Off means totally off, and on means on all the time even if not using.

If I disable the internet totally, it also says you are also turning off MMS so you cannot receive MMS - previous weren't like this!!

Good for you if you 15. That is the tech savvy age. I did alot with phones when I was 15, if you didnt know younger genration are more tech savvy, where you been?! The older you get the less bothered you are about tech!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

noddy1222 wrote:
It cant drain the battery for using whats app for about 10 messages

WhatsApp is a background process in Nokia Series 40. Nokia Series 40 is the operating system of your Nokia 206. WhatsApp has to stay online all day long to check: “Is there any new message”? Therefore, the E does not disappear. This drains the battery a lot. All you could do: Remove WhatsApp. Furthemore in Series 40, WhatsApp drains more power than in any other operating system I am aware of. Consequently, it does not depend on the amount of messages.

You are better off with a Nokia Symbian device, for example a Nokia E52, a Nokia C5-00, or a Nokia 700. Finally, please remove WhatsApp for a few days and tell us your battery-life experience then.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
theresonly1ash

Or................................if you brought it on the internet, it is possible the supplier/seller gave you a fake battery. this is a popular behaviour escpecially on e*ay and amaz*n. its a good way for them to make profit out off the buyers and portraying unbeatable prices.

A little tip, next you buy a phone from the net and they state "we only open the box to check contents" then do scratch your head and think twice

Please use plain text.