Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

nokia 300 touch screen problems

Registered Member
masoodimran

nokia 300 touch screen problems

hi ,  i have bought this nokia 300 recently and after just three months its touch screen is malfunctioning, the proble is that if u touch the left side if the screen the effect is visiblle on  a little right side, not that exact point which i want to click. e.g if i touch alarm , it open calender, need help 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: nokia 300 touch screen problems

Calibrate the display and check again ..

Menu-->Settings-->Phone-->Touch Settings-->Screen Calibration ...and follow instructions...

Please use plain text.
grishaan

Same happened to me after about half a year, calibration does NOT work since it asks you to tip the center of the circle which is in the upper left corner of the screen and as the original poster said whenever you try to touch the left half of the screen it treats your input as a touch on the right half of the screen. Many functions can't be used this way. What else can one do?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

Perform a reset of the phone using *#7370# on the main screen & using code 12345 (default code) or the security code. It will completely delete all the data so do take a back-up of all the data on your phone. Remove the memory card when you do the reset. If you have set a security code on the memory card & you don't remember it then do take a back up of the card content too as it will lock the card.
If this doesn't solve the problem then Reinstall the firmware using Nokia Suite.
If still problem persists contact the authorised Nokia CAre centre in your area.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
urgent

to ng85 (Mobile Visionary):
restoring factory setting may solve software related problem but if the problem is with hardware it is useless to do restore factory setting it is just like loosing bunch of data.
But now a days I personally think that it is smarter to throw away nokia phones whenever it has got problems and mobile phones of other company like samsung, sonyericssion are much better in practical use and they are really cheap as compared to nokia.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

I know very well what that code does.
And if you have any problem with the device post it in the appropriate forum so that it can be resolved.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
grishaan

I tried to reset it, but same problem as before, seems to be a hardware defect. Will try to hand it in for repairing but what I read in various forums is that they will most probably tell me that there is water damage (although never dropped liquids on it, never used it in rain etc, could only be single sweat drops from normal usage) and thus no warranty repair...

If they tell me this, it will definitely be the last nokia mobile device I ever bought. A phone which gets broken by normal usage after just 3 month and no warranty is just fraud.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hassan555

i had a similar problem. After two month from using nokia acha 300, it fell down from my hand in a small height. But when i restart the phone, the touch screen didn't work, like the phone is not touch even, i tried to update a new software but nothing happened.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

hi mate,

if you have tried that and tried re-installing your current firmware thru Nokia Suite, and it still isn't working, then you need to take your phone to your local Nokia Care for inspection: http://nokia.com/support
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
uvijay

Nokia 300 touch is not working.I understand Nokia touch is not working properly for many people . But unfortunately we bought two touch models of Nokia both not working.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
jekiboi20

uvijay wrote:

Nokia 300 touch is not working.I understand Nokia touch is not working properly for many people . But unfortunately we bought two touch models of Nokia both not working.

Hi uvijay,

Welcome to the forum.

Have you done calibrating the touchscreens of the two devices? Also, check if soft reset will fix your problem. You can do a soft reset by dialing *#7780#. After that you'll be asked to enter a lock code. Just enter 12345 if have not changed it. You can also do the steps advised by @ng85 (message no. 4) above. 

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Reaperxz

This problem happen when your phone's touch i.c. did not function properly.. You have two choice either buy the new phone or replace the old touch ic with the new touch ic.. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
pato12

Hi I bought the Nokia 300 about 6 months ago and I cant use the touch screen.   All the suggestion that was made I cant access because I cant acess the menu.  Can you advise me how to get into my munu via the key pad

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
palg1

I have had the very same problem with 3 or 4 Nokia 300's in the office.

Finally managed to get the screen working again.

The screen seems to respond alot better when using a thin tipped pen instead of fingers to access the the menu and recalibrate the touch screen.

Once that was done all worked ok again.

Hope this helps someone!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vicky237

I have found that wire connection of touch screen digitizer is loose, if  i press top right area (not screen) of phone with thumb then touch is working fine. So better you replace the touch screen digitizer (Not Display LCD). It will solve 100 % of touch problem of your phone.

Regards

Mr. Singh

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hariomsharma

In Noka 300  touch screen now working, however, phone outgoing and incoming is running. But touch screen not working. How to correct it. No function is working

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

hi mate, have you checked that you are up to date with the latest firmware for your device thru Nokia suite? also try re-installing your current firmware thru Nokia suite if that doesn't work.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
yogan

Hi,

My Nokia Asha305, 1 yr. old, has developed touch screen problems. Only left portion of screen works. Right part is not working. How to solve this?

Yogan.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

hi mate, have you tried performing a Restore to factory settings and also checking that you are up to date with the latest firmware for your device via the phone itself?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mahesh7169

Same problem with my Nokia Asha 300. I don't know whats wrong, never dropped it or watered it but the touch is not working, I'm not able to find any key where in I can access the menu through keypad. I had given it for repair and the guy took 3 days and finally said the chip which is the interface between phone and touch is not working and should be replaced. He said there is no problem with the touch. I can only receive the calls now. Really disgusting with Nokia. I'm sure this will be the last Nokia I will be using and will never encourage my friends too.

Please use plain text.