Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

nokia 303 social app missing. "apps and games" cra...

Contributor
chadcld

nokia 303 social app missing. "apps and games" crashed.

I had problems with my nokia 303 s40 phone. Everytime i'll open "apps and games" phone crashed and reboot. Now i can't access my installed games and applications. And also Social app is missing which is a built in on the phone. please help

Please use plain text.
robin18

Re: nokia 303 social app missing. "apps and games" crashed.

Im having the same problem! I need an update here. It happened when i moved all the apps into my mmc.
Please use plain text.
robin18

Lack of options to choose like renaming file, formatting mmc, and many more.. Need an update to this .. What should we gonna do on our phone
Please use plain text.
klaris

I have the same issue with my asha 303 too. It started when I transferred my downloaded apps to my memory card. Whenever I try to open Apps and Games, phone just reboots and nothing happens. Social app is no longer available on the phone.

Also, memory card options is very limited. It doesn't have an option to change the name of the memory card, and whenever I transfer a file from my phone to the card, it doen't give an option to transfer it to a specific folder in the memory card.

I hope Nokia can do something about this. This is very frustrating.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
chadcld

Need SW update for Nokia 303 the latest software has lots of bugs. When You transferred/ deleted applications or games by marking them and put into memory card, Social app get lost/corrupted and you can't access Apps and Games Section phone reboots. it happens on every nokia 303 phones please make some Updates.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
chadcld

Nokia 303 bug. Media library is not updating properly, whenever i removed its memory card music infos in the media player does not update even if i pressed update media library, all music infos are still there. Replaced the memory card w/ new songs libraby infos of previous one are still there. The only way to update the media library properly is by resetting the phone which is really frustrating.
Please use plain text.
sampot

hello nokia! bat ganun po ung NOKIA303 di ko na magamet ung social ko! magiisang linggo na po to simula nung binili sakin nung mama ko ! usual ganun pren pati sa internet ayaw din! Kya pti ung battery ko mabilis nrin ma-lowbat!

Pki sgot nlng po! ung sa social:c
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
C056032GAJELOMO

Im having the same problem...NOKIA, Pls release updates that will fix these issues.. Looking forward for that...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
heartee

same here it also happened when i moved apps on the memory card :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
UezBee

Please Nokia Give us your Reply... so i can use my social apps again thnx 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
UezBee

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
terribleh

Same problem here i already update it into the newer version the apps and games stil wont open pls pls pls give us and answer about this problem how to fix it the update stl nothing to do with it

Please use plain text.
Contributor
YangBayang

I also have same problem when opening apps on my ASHA 303. The phone hangs and i have to restart it to function well again. please help.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
YangBayang

I got similar issues too. I wish thos options and setting will be available soon.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ane_ehs26

what should i do? my phone gets crashed and reboot when i open my apps and games. please, i need a reply....

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

Reinstall the phone firmware using Nokia Suite. When restoring the back up do not restore settings & application/games. If the problem still persists contact the authorized Nokia Care Centre in your area.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
xlanc

me too same problem
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Obapre

Me too, i try to open apps and games but the phone just switches off nd on....pls i need a solution this is not even my phone it is for my mom but if she finds out her phone has fault, i will be the suspect....pls help
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

Connect your phone to a computer & select Nokia Suite mode. If you do not have Nokia Suite on your pc you can download it from here. Now open the Nokia Suite & click on the “green icon of arrow pointing downwards”.

If any updates are available they will be shown in ‘green’. If not you may reinstall the current version. Reinstall option is shown in ‘blue’. If no option to reinstall is shown, please wait for sometime it will become visible.  Then the Nokia Suite will download the new software version of the phone. After it you will be prompted to take a complete back up of the device content. Please do not skip this step as reinstallation will erase all the personal data from the phone like contacts, messages, calendar entries etc. But when restoring the backup do not restore settings.

Please note that if you have set a memory card password & you have forgotten its code then take a backup of the card data also as the card will be locked after update and can only be unlocked if you enter the correct code or by ways mentioned in this thread.

Also note that while updating the device ensure the following things-

1. The device is full charged.
  2. The internet connection Is of good speed & has a backup in case of power loss.
  3. The PC should also be connected to back up power source as if the process is interrupted the phone may go dead. More on update failure & its remedies here.
  4. Please do not run any resource intensive programs in the background while updating as it may freeze the PC which in turn will lead to a dead device.
  5. Ignore all the windows pop-up notifications about device being disconnected.DO NOT DISCONNECT THE PHONE UNTIL UPDATE IS COMPLETED.
  6. It will be better if you disable security keyguard & PIN code request before proceeding with Update/Reinstallation.
  7. Sometimes the device may show Test Mode. Do not panic & DO NOT remove the cable. Let the process complete.

Also check out this video on YouTube with instructions for update.

If problem persists, please visit the nearest authorised Nokia Care Centre. This is because at nokia care software updating is done by different means as mentioned by armagon in this thread

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
iamnotfragile

I'm having the same problem. what's the easiest solution? help
Please use plain text.