Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

nokia 3110c does not save contacts on SIM card

Contributor

nokia 3110c does not save contacts on SIM card

[ Edited ]
Hello,

I just bought a nokia 3110c. It apparently have the most recent uptodate software (05.50) and the update check says it is up-to-date.

I found this strange bug:

I create a new contact in the address book and save it into my SIM card (a 128KB sim card by Italian provider TIM).
The contact is there.
Now when I turn off the phone, and then I turn it on again, the last contact I inserted is gone, disappeared.

It happens only with the LAST contact I saved, that is if I create -lets say- 3 new contacts, the first 2 will be maintained while the last one will be lost after I turn off and then on again the phone.

It behaves the same also if I first save the contact into the phone memory and the MOVE it into the SIM card memory.

Have you verified this same bug?

Thank you

Message Edited by timido on 29-Jul-2008 07:17 PM
Contributor

Re: nokia 3110c does not save contacts on SIM card

I just noticed that DOES happen when you first type a number and then save it, while it DOES NOT happen when you first enter the address book and then choose "Add new contact".
Contributor

no one with this same bug ?
Contributor

negative, it happens WHATEVER method you use to add the new contact :smileysad: :smileysad: :smileysad:
Contributor

the software is uptodate....checked....

IS this a BUG of this NOKIA software version ? or the telephone ?

It happens whenever you try to save an odd number of contacts into the SIM... the last one is lost after cell shutdown.

It only works if you save an EVEN number of contacts.

Any help?