Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

nokia 3120 classic problem!

Advisor

nokia 3120 classic problem!

My nokia 3120 classic call volume gets very low at times. This happend 5-6 times. And when i restart the phone, everything is back fine. Please help me how to solve this problem.
Please use plain text.
Professor

Re: nokia 3120 classic problem!

Try to reset the phone back to factory settings *#7780# default code 12345

Have you got the latest firmware on the phone?  Update the software on the phone if very old via the nearest nCP

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Thanks okinawa.

Can you tell me what all things will be lost while resetting to factory settings?

My contacts, msgs, memory card data will be affected?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

[ Edited ]

your phone is not a s60 device therefore the codes provided to you will not work on your phone. the only thing you can do is in the menu find factory restore/rest option and plug in 12345 if asked for the code. try to see if there is a firmware update for your device if that still does not work you may have to take your phone to nokia care center so they could fix it for you. 

if you restore factory settings you should not lose any data, just the settings will have to be set again to your preferences.  

Message Edited by radical24 on 02-Feb-2009 10:41 PM
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Advisor

but radical24, i tried the given code and its working for me. i have resetted the phone. now i wil wait n see whether the prob is solved or not.
Please use plain text.
Sage
abhishekkai08

That particular code will on your device because, it is for restoring factory settings.it seems to me a software problem if restoring doesn't work then you need to update your firmware via the NSU or by taking it to the care centre.
Was this post of some help? Click 'Kudos' star on the right hand side of this post. Your gesture will be highly appreciated!
Please use plain text.
Advisor

abhishekkai08, what is NSU?

and while updating the phone software if there is some interruptions, will it damage the phone? is it risky to do it myself?

Please use plain text.
Sage
abhishekkai08

[ Edited ]

NSU stands for the Nokia Software Updater (you will find the link to download it here) But right nw i saw that you device is yet not compatible :smileysad: . In that case if your phone needs a firmware update then nokia care centre is the only way out.But, before that try all possible things sujjested by other users. :smileyhappy:

In case you would like to knw what are the risks involved while updating via NSU, your phone needs to be fully charged. In case the device shuts off in between in process,your phone needs a care centre job after that.you also need to back up your files before using the pc suite and restore it when the update has been done.

Message Edited by abhishekkai08 on 03-Feb-2009 12:49 PM
Was this post of some help? Click 'Kudos' star on the right hand side of this post. Your gesture will be highly appreciated!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

[ Edited ]
yes i stand corrected the only code that will work on your phone is the *#7780#  since it is equavilent to the reformat option that i have suggested. i am sorry about the confusion. okinawa was totally right to suggest that. keep on checking NSU for updates it is always wise to update your phone with the latest. you can always try to reinstall if that is an option given to you by NSU, some phones get the reinstall opiton some don't.
Message Edited by radical24 on 03-Feb-2009 10:59 AM
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.

I got a nokia 3120 classic 2 months back. The speakers are always problematic. If I use loud speaker then I could not come back and use ordinary speakers. There wont be any voice in it.I have to rush to nokia center else I have to use loud speaker forever.

I gave it twice to the nokia center. Once its back from them it works fine. But after some week the problem reoccurs. Once they updated the software also..But still i encounter the problem.

Any advice on this please. I am fed up of this mobile. I never thought that nokia products will behave this way.

I appreciate your help.

Please use plain text.