Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

nokia 3120c

nokia 3120c

Hi, I have a Nokia 3120c that wont stay on, When I turn it on it says start up phone without sim card, When I click accept it shows the joining hands then after a second it starts flashing from the blue back ground to white then goes off after 30 seconds. The phone only started doing this after i got it unlocked at a shop. Does anyone know how i can re install the firmware i have tryied with a usb data cable but the phone wont stay on long enough for it to update or to do a reset. Thanks in advance for your help. .
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
deepestblue

Re: nokia 3120c

Have you tried powering on the phone without the memory card? Is it works, then probably you need a new memory card. Or, try formatting the card from the PC using a card reader, and then try again.

Have you tried powering on the phone without the SIM?

If none of these things work, then take the phone to the nearest Nokia Care Point. Being an S40 phone, there is very little that you can do by yourself to recover.

Cheers,
DeepestBlue

5800 XpressMusic (Rock Stable) | N73 Music Edition (Never Say Die) | 1108 (Old and faithful)

If you find any post useful, click on the Green "Kudos" Button on the left to say Thank You...
Please use plain text.