Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

nokia 5130 software problem

nokia 5130 software problem

hey, i updated my nokia 5130 software to version 6.65 and i have problem with my camera (it says "camera on standby") and some problems with music player...anyone knows if i cand downgrade to a older version  ?? how? (sorry my english :smileyvery-happy:)
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: nokia 5130 software problem

It is not possible for you to roll back an update.

You could try reinstalling the update and see if that resolves the problem.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

You're not alone. I had exactly the same problem when I recently updated the software of my 5130, and worse: re-installing the new software version doesn't work, either. It looks like the problem is the new firmware version.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I might have a solution for the camera on standby thing...

Resetting to factory defaults does not solve the problem for me, and by the looks of it, a lot of others still have the same problem. I bought one of these spiffy little things just yesterday and to my surprize had the same problem. Some of the details:

- Battery fully charged

- Memory not full

- Software version 6.65

I used the cam to test it of course, that worked, but as soon as I pressed to the right with the middle button I got the message 'Camera on standby'. Nothing I did would get it out of that state. I resetted the phone and found out that it worked again. At least... untill I pressed to the right. Leaving the camera-mode and returning would result immediately in the all famililiar and hated message of 'Camera on standby'.

To my (limited) knowledge 6.65 is the lastest software for this phone. So updating that would have no use. Then I tried something new. I turned the phone off and on, went to camer, AND INSTEAD OF PRESSING RIGHT, I pressed Options and selected Video from the menu. To my astonishment IT WORKED. No 'Camera on standby' notification and I was able to record a video. After that I was able to press right and go to Video-mode. I haven't tested any other variables but I'm curious if this method works for other people too. Would be nice :smileyhappy:

Good luck!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Thank you for the tip, but I reinstalled the firmware. This solved that problem, but it also caused a new one: The phone socket stopped working. :smileysad:
Please use plain text.

I have a 5130 myself and just tried pushing the right button while in camera mode... no problem. It moves straight to video mode as it should. I have never had a problem with the camera or the music player itself.

What I have had is a couple of phone restarts at random. I can pin point what causes it to restart but it does sometimes

Please use plain text.

its 100% Software problem now how to repair this problem if u have a mx key software dongle then its very easy in 3 steps

look this picture and solve ur problem of camera on standby mode

http://rapidshare.com/files/306306565/21o1se9..jpg

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Software version 6.68 11-05-09 RM-496

I had changed my navigation keys, so that when I pressed the right navigation key it opened the camera from the main menu. Then, while in camera mode, if I pressed the right button (to go to video mode) the camera went into standby and I couldn't get out of standby without restarting my phone. Well, I changed the navigation button, so pressing up from the main menu went to camera and right went to mms. Now, i can press up, down, left, right and it works just fine, no standby mode!

Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

how to fix nokia5130 software problem

Please use plain text.
hotsumit007

There is a big problem with my nokia phone software (Nokia 5130 c2):-

1. The calculator has vanished

2. The opera browser (pre installed) is not even opening. Also nokia pre installed themes, preinstalled applications and tones have vanished. (Normally these are protected files and cant be deleted)

3. If i download any application then the message shown is "network access set to not allowed". When i am trying to change the application settings, its not accepting the settings i am providing.

4. If i goto download a fresh opera browser, its showing "certificate not found on phone or sim"!

5. The verisign CA certificate has vanished.

6. Sone functionalities of media player like change in settings is not working.

I am wondering what has happened. I dont think its a virus problem as Series 40 platform is not vulnerable to viruses! I have tried *#7380# and also restore factory settings and restore all functions, but rendering no benefits.

Please help!!

Email: hotsumit007@gmail.com

Phone +91-9836722612

Regards,

Sumit Patwari

Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)

HI All,

Sorry to hear that you have some issues with the 5130 expressMusic.

I checked the software situation for this phone  and i noticed that latest sw is 7.95 and 7.96 depending on the sales areas and variants, (not all).

So i suggest to update your phone sw with the latest sw if available in your area.

Please do remember that back up your phone before update.

http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/device-software-update#

I hope this helps.

Br

Mahyav

Please use plain text.
hotsumit007

Please help... my above problem is not solved yet... hot to solve the verisign ca certificate and other software problems... Phone software hasnt helped.

Sumit

Please use plain text.
Advisor
gauravbareja

i am unable to update my phone software through my PC using the nokia software updator

please tell what to do

i have V 06.65
Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

You can go to the Nokia care services and they can flash it but this may cost*.

Check the contact us on the right of the top of this page.

Br

Mahayv

*If the phone is still covered by warranty, problems arising from using NSU or Ovi Suite to update software may be repaired by flashing free of charge.

Please use plain text.
sarathchoudary

My name is sarath my nokia 5130 phone has a software problem my phone number is 9642340850 plz help me

hwesfafzs
Please use plain text.
sarathchoudary

plz tell me what to do

hwesfafzs
Please use plain text.
sarathchoudary

I Have Nokia 5130 XpressMusic, but when i start the phone it shows the nokia logo, seems like it starts booting right, but then it says: Contact Service.

Tried removing  the sim card, but says the same thing

Any clues?

hwesfafzs
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Remove the battery for a couple of minutes..Insert and see if the phone boots up correctly. Else, you need to visit Nokia Care...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
malaka19850628

music player nt playe
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mesbah_shovon

Hey my 5130s current SW version is 7.95 but nokia is telling me that the laciest SW update is 7.91

my phone is not connecting through nokia suite

what can I do now please help

Please use plain text.