Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

nokia 6300 headset not connecting

nokia 6300 headset not connecting

Hi:

I have a nokia 6300 which was woorking, but now when i connect my headset to my phone, i donot see the headset icon on the display. The phone does not connect to the headset due to which i can not connect to radio, and listen to mp3 and take phones calls on headset. This all used to work and i have not changed any settings. I have also reset my phone to factory setting still it did not work.
Can you help ..
Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: nokia 6300 headset not connecting

Try cleaning the connector and blow out any dust. If it still doesn't work then you need to visit a care point for repair.

Care points:

UK
http://www.nokia.co.uk/A4228006

Europe:
http://europe.nokia.com/A4388379

Elsewhere:
http://www.nokia.com and select your country.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I have 2 6300s; one is my personal phone and the other is a recently provided work phone. I experienced problems with the bluetooth on my work phone (Really bad quality) so reverted to using the wired headset. This was much better but like yours it suddenly stopped working (headset still works fine with my personal phone). I have just had the phone replaced and find now that the headset doesn't work on my replacement! Have just checked with a colleague who had his replaced too and his doesn't work now either! Replacement phones have firmware 5.50. Anyone know if there is is a problem with this??
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi,

just for the information - exactly same problem occured on my N6300 today as well.
Maybe some design problem ?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

hi guys i had the same problem ,also my friend has the same problem with 6300 but mine is fixed automatically when i tried to plug in headset again the icon appeared on the screen but i dont know why
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hi, for it's worth after a couple of weeks of not working my headset started working all on it's own too without anything actually changing.
I have noticed that the headphone socket on one of my 6300s is considerably smaller than the other. The smaller one was the one that didn't work for a while.

Bluetooth still **bleep**.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hello, I have the same problem also, this is very annoying. After 4 weeks of normal operation, the standards earphone is no longer recognized when plugged in, and of course the radio no longer works either. Software level is 5.50 should it have any impact.
Was about to buy another 6300 for my wife, I'm now in doubt.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hi, my last update said that the headset started working again after a couple of weeks, which is true. However, it then failed again after another few weeks and I have since had it replaced again (it's been working successfully now for almost 3 days!!). So I am now on my third 6300 provided by my work, but still on my own personal one that I have had for over 6 months. I think that it's a manufacturing issue that Nokia must be aware of. I suggest that anyone that has this problem returns their phone to the supplier for replacemment.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

This problem just happened to my phone... does anyone have a solution? or should i just take it back to nokia?
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Maxpower - there is definitely something wrong with the headset connectivity on the 6300s. Mine is still working at the moment (3rd phone remember!) so I say take it back to your provider and I recommend getting a different model of phone.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

This just happened to my Nokia 6300, I just blew in the connection and it started to work again after a few minutes
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi,

I had exactly the same problem, the headset stopped being recogised by one of my two 6300s. In my case switching off, removing the battery and restarting fixed the problem.

Graham
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

[ Edited ]
hi, I am also getting the same problem with Nokia 6300 with it's headset. and I also gave my mobile to the authorized dealer for warranty. they told me that you miss handle this mobile and it will not be fix. But I think its a manufacturing fault.

If anybody have solution to fix this problem. Please let me know. my id aamsoh@hotmail.com

Regards,

Aamir

Message Edited by aamsoh on 20-Aug-2008 10:15 AM
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

seems to be a common problem. had mine 2 weeks, first time I tried the headset was today and it didn't work.

I blew in the hole, gave the phone a slap and pushed the plug in firmly and it came on. I think the seating of the plug and the microswitch to activate that circuit are finely engineered, get this a lot in small devices such as DVD discs in small laptops etc.

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Same problem for me. I've had the phone a couple of months and suddenly the headset stopped being recognised.

After finding this thread I have managed to get it recognised by blowing out the socket on the phone. But it is now intermittent at best.

This is very poor for the N6300 which has a premium price.  I NEED my headset as I spend a lot of time on calls where I need to use my computer at the same time.

I never had such a problem with the £20 Siemens I had before upgrading the this overated N6300.

Very disappointed with the Nokia 6300.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Same problem with the Nokia 6301.

Have tried updating the firmware abd re-inserting the mini-jack but it still doesn't recognise the headset.

GGGGrrrrrr

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

may be there is some corrosion in your headset jeck, use contact cleaner for this, just 2 or 3 drop enough for this and then immediatly pluged in headset... and after some time factory reset the cell....thanks 

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I'm one my second 6301 with the same problem.

The first phone worked with the headset about 4 months. I used the headset maybe 5 times a week.

I returned it to T-mobie and they gave me a remanufactured unit.

The new phone worked flawlessly with the same head set used with the first phone for about 5 months. It still mostly works, but I sometimes need to re-insert the plug several times before it is recognized.

I'm expecting the phone jack to fail soon.

I wish we could determie whether this is purley a electrical connection issue- or whether software updates could help.

Has anyone tried to use contact-cleaner?

Please use plain text.

A SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM

I use a headset all the time in my home office and for an ipod headset /with Nokia OEM music adaptor.  I have had this problem with both of my Nokia 6301 phones after a few months of use. The audio jacks went from Good to Intermittent to Very-Intermittent.

But Then  . . .  This worked 100% on both phones.

Materials Required:

1. Soft Scrub brand kitchen/bathroom cleaner  ( a very fine pumis material )

2. Aerosol blower - with the plastic tube extension

(the plastic extension on my Aerosol can fit perfectly into the phones audio jack)

Procedure

1.  put a very light coating of Soft Scrub on 1 end of the plastic tube from your aerosol can.

- do not get any SoftScrub inside the tube

- let the very light coating of the Soft Scrub dry on the tubing for a several minutes until dry.

2. Insert the tube the full 1/2 inch into the audio jack - (it will resist a little part way in) go for the full 1/2"

3. Spin the plastic tube for about 10 seconds back and forth with your thumb and forefinger.

4. Gently push the plastic tube in and out several times.

5.  I don't know if this was needed, but I used the aerosol to blow the female connector with the tube carefully inserted into the connector and then blow again from outside the connector . . . make sure you have cleared any liquid propellants from the tube before doing this.

Thats it . . . My aftermarket telephone headset (built for 6301) and iphone headset with the nokia OEM music adaptor have worked perfectly for weeks after doing this.  

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Kudretsection9

Hey dude, had the same problem :smileyhappy:, i just got the headset today, it still wasn't working, so i searched up people who suffered the same thing, after reading on how to fix it, i jus blew in my socket for the headphone and it worked :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.