20-08-2008 10:11 - edited 20-08-2008 10:15
seems to be a common problem. had mine 2 weeks, first time I tried the headset was today and it didn't work.
I blew in the hole, gave the phone a slap and pushed the plug in firmly and it came on. I think the seating of the plug and the microswitch to activate that circuit are finely engineered, get this a lot in small devices such as DVD discs in small laptops etc.
Same problem for me. I've had the phone a couple of months and suddenly the headset stopped being recognised.
After finding this thread I have managed to get it recognised by blowing out the socket on the phone. But it is now intermittent at best.
This is very poor for the N6300 which has a premium price. I NEED my headset as I spend a lot of time on calls where I need to use my computer at the same time.
I never had such a problem with the £20 Siemens I had before upgrading the this overated N6300.
Very disappointed with the Nokia 6300.
Same problem with the Nokia 6301.
Have tried updating the firmware abd re-inserting the mini-jack but it still doesn't recognise the headset.
may be there is some corrosion in your headset jeck, use contact cleaner for this, just 2 or 3 drop enough for this and then immediatly pluged in headset... and after some time factory reset the cell....thanks
I'm one my second 6301 with the same problem.
The first phone worked with the headset about 4 months. I used the headset maybe 5 times a week.
I returned it to T-mobie and they gave me a remanufactured unit.
The new phone worked flawlessly with the same head set used with the first phone for about 5 months. It still mostly works, but I sometimes need to re-insert the plug several times before it is recognized.
I'm expecting the phone jack to fail soon.
I wish we could determie whether this is purley a electrical connection issue- or whether software updates could help.
Has anyone tried to use contact-cleaner?
A SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM
I use a headset all the time in my home office and for an ipod headset /with Nokia OEM music adaptor. I have had this problem with both of my Nokia 6301 phones after a few months of use. The audio jacks went from Good to Intermittent to Very-Intermittent.
But Then . . . This worked 100% on both phones.
1. Soft Scrub brand kitchen/bathroom cleaner ( a very fine pumis material )
2. Aerosol blower - with the plastic tube extension
(the plastic extension on my Aerosol can fit perfectly into the phones audio jack)
1. put a very light coating of Soft Scrub on 1 end of the plastic tube from your aerosol can.
- do not get any SoftScrub inside the tube
- let the very light coating of the Soft Scrub dry on the tubing for a several minutes until dry.
2. Insert the tube the full 1/2 inch into the audio jack - (it will resist a little part way in) go for the full 1/2"
3. Spin the plastic tube for about 10 seconds back and forth with your thumb and forefinger.
4. Gently push the plastic tube in and out several times.
5. I don't know if this was needed, but I used the aerosol to blow the female connector with the tube carefully inserted into the connector and then blow again from outside the connector . . . make sure you have cleared any liquid propellants from the tube before doing this.
Thats it . . . My aftermarket telephone headset (built for 6301) and iphone headset with the nokia OEM music adaptor have worked perfectly for weeks after doing this.
Hey dude, had the same problem , i just got the headset today, it still wasn't working, so i searched up people who suffered the same thing, after reading on how to fix it, i jus blew in my socket for the headphone and it worked