Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

nokia 6300 security code

nokia 6300 security code

hi,
can any one help me in finding default "call barring password"
i read the FAQ of nokila web site for model 6300 it says default security code for nokia 6300 is "12345" where as when i try to activate call barring service it asks for " barring password" and takes only 4 digits please help me in finding the call barring password thanks
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

Re: nokia 6300 security code

Try 0000 or 1234
Nokia N95
V 20.0.015
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
xero90

Hi Atiq,

The call barring code is set by your network as it is a network feature... Try giving them a call.

Stuart
There is something to be learned from a rainstorm
Please use plain text.

thanks for your reply

i have tried to contact the service provider, they says this code is to be obtained from the hand set manufacturer and we are not providing "call barring services" for our network in delhi (india0

secondly, i have another hand set of motrolla make model "L6" there i am able to activate call barring service by entering the default password mentioned in the user's manual (for the same no. which i am now using in the new nokia 6300) that proves it is not a network feature, it is a hand set feature.
what is your openion ?????

thanks
Please use plain text.

dear friend,
thanks for your reply/ suggestion

i tried your suggested codes, it is not working.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ruby_ruby_ruby

Is there a repair centre near by where you live?

Try taking it in there and having one of the Nokia docs look at it.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
kirsty_84

Yea try taking it to the nokia or your nearest repair centre, they might be able to reset your security code but not sure if you will have to bring proof of purchase etc?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jaisongk

hi,

according to my knowledge there is no barring available in india, and it is provided by service provider.

we can bar outgoing calls in nokia, by selecting the "sending the caller id " as "no".

this is available under call settings.

expecting more replys :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

hi every body
can some one help me i for get my security code i was chinged it but i forget it can some one help me to rest it ?
just answer yes i can or no
tnx
:smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Employee
adamf

No
My posts are my opinion and in no way the direct views of Nokia.
If my posts are helpful, please give me some KUDOS using the green star on the left.
Please use plain text.
Employee
adamf

On a serious note.
If you have forgotten the code then you need to take it to a Nokia Care Point where they are able to remove it for you.
They will also remove all personal data stored on the phone at the same time as it needs completely erasing.
You will usually need a proof of purchase to prove the phone isnt stolen and you are trying to access it, and they will probably charge you for it as its not a warranty fault.

You can find the nearest NCP to you at the Store Locator
My posts are my opinion and in no way the direct views of Nokia.
If my posts are helpful, please give me some KUDOS using the green star on the left.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jaisongk

hi,

did u ever changed your security code...???
if its not changed, then it is "12345"

if its changed, according to my knowledge retrieving security code is not possible.
but i like to know something abt u r phn.

which is ur phone??

you can go to your nearest nokia service center and flash your phone, then i think it wil reset your security code.

b4 flashing the phn pls ask the service center person tht does it wil reset your security code....
Please use plain text.
Contributor

never post ur IMEI number on the net ppl can trace it or otheriwse report it lost or stolen and having the IMEi is kind of proof that you own it.

the phone is completely useless if you have actuvated the security code an you will need to take it to a nokia service point
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I forgot the security code of  a nokia 6300 what can I do?  

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

You can start by reading the other posts in this thread since the answer is there. In particular the posts by adamf.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Aniluttekar

Hi dont worry just go to nokia site download the software update software. Install it on ur pc and update the software and firmware of phone. And thats it ur phone will start working.

I was the problem with code if i put different it ask for code which i had forgot.

I tried to update after tht its started working.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tdmmamg

i lost my security code
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

tdmmamg wrote:
i lost my security code

You can get that reset to the Default 12345 at Nokia care.. Carry the proof of ownership (Bill / Invoice) alongwith..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
welcomemanish

want to call barring code for nokia 6300
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Have you tried 12345 ? If thats not working.. you may have to ask your Service Provider..

Please use plain text.