Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

nokia 6300 update version problem

Contributor
abeershouvon
Accepted Solution

nokia 6300 update version problem

I'm trying to update my Nokia 6300.
So, navigating through the menus as follows:
Settings > Phone > Phone Updates > Downl. phone softw.
.. pops up a dialog, "Select service provider ".
However, on my phone, the list of Service providers is empty, and there doesn't appear to be any mechanism by which I can add one.
Phone details:
Nokia 6300
V 06.60
21-05-08
RM217
(c) Nokia
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: nokia 6300 update version problem

Have you subscribed the Packet data service from your Operator ? If not, you need to get the plan activated and the Operator will send the Access Points settings. Normally these are sent thru' SMS. When you receive, open and select SAVE. Now, you should get the option to select the Service Provider when prompted..

But, if you do not want the plan activated, Download and install latest version of Nokia_Suite on your PC. Connect the phone to PC using the USB cable. Open Nokia Suite-->Tools-->Software Updates.. and follow instructions..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
abeershouvon

how can i activate the plan?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

You need to contact your Operator for that.. But why not try thru' Nokia Suite as mentioned earlier?

Please use plain text.
Sage
khanjan_701

i had also the same problm wid my old phone 2700c as the menu for software update was dimmed and can't go inside the menu. Updating through nokia suit helped.
Symbian-Developers Forum Member
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tigo

how can i got facebook on my phone
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

tigo wrote:
how can i got facebook on my phone