Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

nokia 6303 classic charging problem

jon5

nokia 6303 classic charging problem

I bought this phone in jan 2010 and has broken down 3 times with same problem .The first 2 times was fixed ( supposedly ) and then  after 2nd breakdown I was supplied with replacement phone ( by nokia repair centre ).

For the 1st and occasionally 2nd time after being fixed the phone seems to charge ok but then when I charge after that and go to check the phone after few hours no charge at all - just low battery indication. So I leave on charge for longer and go back to phone and it is completely dead - check on/off but nothing. So completely unusable.

After 3rd breakdown ( replacement phone ) took back again to carphone warehouse ( who are nokia repair agents ) and they changed charger and battery to new ones. Initially in shop the phone came on ok and started to charge (as it was doing before ) but when I went home and tried to charge further my problem re-occurred as explained above.

I dont understand why this is happening with replacement phone, new battery and new charger!

Unfortunately 'cos it is now a replacement phone I can't get refund from Asda who I bought it from so will have to persevere with nokia under warranty.

Can anyone help me please.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: nokia 6303 classic charging problem

the product is faulty and your entitled to a replacement either by asda or nokia you be better of taking it to a nokia care point to have it officially examined and determine the true cause

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
jon5

Carphone warehouse where i took the phone for 2 repairs and a replacement is the nokia care point for my location - i checked this on the nokia support website - so I don't know what else i can do - and it has already been replaced. the phone was sent away to the care point by carphone warehouse - not fixed instore.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

id still bring it back if its faulty you have your rights

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kos1

Hi,

i bought 6303c last week and i have the same problem as you.

i'll go to the official nokia service the next monday...

Please use plain text.
maher1953

i had exchanged my old mobile nokia 5000 by new one nokia 6303 due to industrial defect after payment price differnce throw local agent in egypt RAYA (nokia care 25 musadak-dokky- guiza) then it have to replace the sale pakage contents especially charger but the give me a different one (AC-100) instead of (AC- 8) the original one, that done monday 24,  2010 .

when i try the new charger (AC- 100) to charge the ereplaced set nokia 6303 i read a message on mobile screen ( charger is not supported)

the agent refused to give me the charger AC-8 justify that by the sale pakage contents for nokia 6303 in thier sale centre contains AC-100 charger

then i cant charge my mobile and then i can't use it since i buy it

what can i do and i want to know if AC-100 charger is compatible for nokia 6303  

Please use plain text.