Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

nokia asha 200 hanging problem and other problems

Registered Member
sunil_gidwani

nokia asha 200 hanging problem and other problems

my product code is 059j516 m very dissapoined its hanging problem

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

Re: nokia asha 200 hanging problem and other problems

Hey Sunil_gidwani,

Welcome to the Nokia Forum, we are sorry to hear you have been having problems with your device hanging. Have you tried performing a soft reset on your phone using the code *#7780# security code by default 12345 if prompted. This will not delete any of your data, it will restore your device setting back to as they where when new.

If this does not work please perform a hard reset using the code *#7370# which will wipe all data and settings from your phone and make it as it was when new.

If you phone is still experiencing the hanging problem I suggest that you take your device to your Local Nokia Care point to have an expert look at it as it would most likely be a hardware problem if the resetting techniques do not work.

I hope this has helped!

Sheldrick 

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
John_Tesla

Dear Sunil-gidwani,

We are sorry to hear that you are having problems with your Asha 200 device. 

We would like to advise you to check if the SIM card is inserted properly into the device.

As well as perhaps change your Sim Card to see if this behaviour continues with different a SIM.

All the Best,

John_Tesla

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

[ Edited ]

@sunil_gidwani

What is your current software version? You can check this by dialing *#0000#. The latest software version is v11.56:

http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/device-software-update?nokia-200=

* Please note that the latest software version may not be available for your device, and the benefits listed may not be available to you, or be available in selected countries.

You can update your device using Nokia suite which (if you already haven't) can download on the below link:

http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/nokia-ovi-suite

If there is no update showing re-install you current one and see if this resolves your issue. Let me know how you get on.

Regards

Raoul_Duke

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Debanjan

I have same hanging problem..........instead of gone through in your local Nokia Care point several times the problem is not solved.please help me.my product code is 059K959.......When ever i was calling .the mobile gets hanged.The Local Nokia Care ( Barasat,Kolkata,India) refused to replace my phone instead of several times gone through it. They didn't capable to find out the remedy. I went to the care 5 times .
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kunwar1987

my nokia asha 200 hanged very bad in warrenty period...i am very dissapointed....nokia service centre only update my phone software...but problems is remain....

camera....hang

menu...hang

start...late...hang

screen....white light only

now mobile is taken by head office nokia care ,INDIA

can i replace it with new phone??

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mansooralia

my phone, which i gave as a gift to my wife on our aniversary too is hanging... badly....

nokia service center is pathetic.....

what do i do now?

should i go to nokia center and ask for replacement, as the mobile is just 5 months old...

let me know ASAP

thanks

mansoor ali a

Please use plain text.
bashirsports

My nokia asha 200 was hanging and shutting down frequently, it was a virus (forever.exe), there were 3-4 dialled numbers which I couldnt delete as well. Here is a solution which fixed my phone.

1. Took my SIM and Memory card out.

2. Did a hard reset by *#7370#

3. Reinstalled the software through NOKIA SUITE, it took 5-6 efforts to do that though.

4. Scanned my memory card with Kaspersky Internet Security 2012.

Finally I got my phone working.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
andymoorey2k

pls my asha 200 come on and goes off without me being able to access anything in it..
Please use plain text.
Contributor
andymoorey2k

[ Edited ]

This is exactly what is happening to my phone. I cannot do anything with it. immidiately i put it on,before i can apply any function, it will turn off. Please how do i know if its a virus since i cannot access it at all?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
emilygreen

Hi andymoorey2k,

Here are some of the steps that you can try on your phone.

Restart your phone:

1. Switch your phone off.

2. Remove the battery. 
3. After a few seconds, put the battery in and switch your phone on.

Reset the settings:

Restore the original factory settings (Menu > Settings > Restore factory settings > Settings only). This reset will not delete any data on your phone. It will just restore the original settings.

Update the software:

1. Make sure your phone is running the latest software.

2. Use Nokia Suite to update or reinstall the phone software.

If my post helped you, please don't forget to click on the "White Star" and if it resolved your issue click on "Accept as Solution" :smileywink:

Nokia Lumia 920 Nokia Asha 308 Nokia 808 PureView 
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mohitwadhwa

[ Edited ]

Hi my name is mohit this time i have use in nokia asha 200 phone.But i am not satisfie in this phone because i have every time  in hanging problem i suggest in all the nokia user plz not purchase in this phone last time i am satisfied in all nokia phone.But this time i am totaly not satisfie in this any people contact and suggest plz call my mob no-xxxxxxxxxx- :smileysad: :smileysad: :smileysad:

Moderator's note: Phone number was removed. Publishing personal information is not allowed on this forum.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Rajashafal

Sir my problem is also hanging problem.my product code is:059J4L3.please give me detailed information what i have to do.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
VickiPinkette

This is my second complain and I haven't gotten an answer for the first one. Honestly, I am disappionted. i have been restoring factory setting on my Asha 200 for almost a week, now that it came up, it turns out it didn't even free my memory one bit! Please someone gimme a solution cos this phone problem does not make sense at all.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
emilygreen

Hi VickiPinkette

Thank you for posting! :Cool:

Sorry to hear that you're encountering this issue on your phone. Please make sure your phone is running the latest software. You can use Nokia Suite to update or reinstall the phone software. You may refer to this link: http://www.nokia.com/global/support/software-update/belle-asha-symbian-software-update/ if you need a guide.

If my post helped you, please don't forget to click on the "White Star" and if it resolved your issue click on "Accept as Solution" :smileywink:

Nokia Lumia 920 Nokia Asha 308 Nokia 808 PureView 
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
solofort

[ Edited ]

I have been havin a serious problem and delay from my nokia asha 200,it hasa been hanging for months now most especially while browsing,that it wont work until I remove the battery and restart.I have tried the Nokia care office at Ibadan,Oyo State,Nigeria several times with no changes.What is the essense of warranty?Is Nokia still the Nokia we have known for years of integrity and qualitative productss?

Moderator's note: Contact information was removed. It is unwise to publish these kind of information in a public forum.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ferozsha

Same Problem My Product code is 059k959 very bad service
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dearsunny

Dear Sir, I have the same hanging problem with My Asha 200 Phone. It hangs almost 20 times a day. I resetted my phone even formatted and flashed too on Nokia Care. I got it updated with latest 12.04 Ver, but the problem exists. Even I did the following, 1- Removed Sim & checked with new Sim, but the problem still remains. 2- Removed memoey card & also scanned both internal(Ph Memory) and External (Chip) memory for Viruses. 3- I did all the formalities but It could not be resolved. Please help me...asap
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

dearsunny, which network operator do you use and in which country do you live in?

Please use plain text.
merry520

bro its not big problem i have same problem its sol is that u should remove ur memory card and then chk out ur problem it should b solv

Please use plain text.