Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

nokia asha 200 support vbag? Help please

Contributor
etthealien
Accepted Solution

nokia asha 200 support vbag? Help please

I have a nokia asha 200 and its an awesome phone, love it! But sadly it can play vbags[gba](game boy advance emulator) I found online and I have been trying to find a GBA emulator for my phone. Does anybody knows where I can find1 that nokia asha 200 can support? Thanks in advance:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Puigchild

Re: nokia asha 200 support vbag? Help please

Hi etthealien,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums!

It seems that VBAG is only available for Series 60 phones and because of that will not install on your Asha 200, which is Series 40. As the application is a video game emulator, thus making it's legality debatable, it is not something that can be promoted or downloaded on Nokia Store.

The likely reason for the lack of Series 40 version is that the application requires quite a lot of processing power and even on Series 60 phones the it reportedly can run only 5 frames per second.

Hope this helps,

Puigchild

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
etthealien

hello puigchild, Is there any emulators for s40 phones? i tried gooogling but i could not find any. Thanks
Please use plain text.
Sage
classic_sis

@etthealien

For Nintendo and Gamboy Color, available. But, for GBA, SNES or SEGA I'm not sure, most of them use Symbian OS or Android.
Niki
Please use plain text.
Contributor
etthealien

@ classic_sis Oic looks like we have to wait until somebody releases a program or software for S40 devices to play gba games/roms
Please use plain text.
Sage
classic_sis

@ethealien

Yes, but it seems very hard. Non OS phones have limited capability in applications and developers maybe prefer to develop applications for OS phones. If you would like to instal Vbag, you should buy Nokia Symbian phones or Google from OS (it's better for Vbag).

Thank you for your reply.
Niki
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Debojyoti

nokia asha 200 Which Series Phone?

plz tell me the exsact series of the nokia asha 200.

Series 40 DP2
series 40 DP3
Series 40 E2
series 40 E3  exsactly which series phone?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
etthealien

Re: nokia asha 200 Which Series Phone?

how do you check what series is it? sorry i am too busy lately, i have my GCE O levels examination. I am busy studying for it. so i did not google, how to check. 

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Pfrancoise

Hi etthealien,

Your Nokia Asha 200 is a S40 6th Edition.

Pfrancoise.

If this post has helped you to solve this issue, please press the "accept as solution" icon. Kudos would always be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
etthealien

Hi Pfrancoise,

Thank you for telling.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
etthealien

hello Debojyoti

So why do i need to you what series my phone is? 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Hi Etthealien,

Please re-read the answers to your posts on this thread. They have already explained that the app you wish to have is not compatible with your phone, and are simply explaining that the app runs on a different platform (Series60), which your phone does not run on.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
TheKid4life

i have a nokia asha 302 can any of the vbag versions work on my phone ??? Thx in advance for all answers.
Please use plain text.
Sage
classic_sis

@TheKid4life

No, it doesn't. Vbag is available only for Symbian or Android or maybe other operating system.
Niki
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
TheKid4life

@classic_sis

thanx for the info do u happen to u know any other game emulators i can use for my S40 ??
Please use plain text.