Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

nokia asha 202 problems

chirag1811

nokia asha 202 problems

hello friends,

I have got new asha 202 handset, following are the problems I have observed..

(1) nokia browser history does not show "WAP" sites visited last.

(2) conversation option in messaging malfunction sometimes.. For example I have received message from mr. X and having conversation with Mr. Y then it shows mr. X's messages in conversation.

(3) when i m opening games EA application, it is opening STORE application by deafault.

(4) I had entered key pad lock password and it had made me crazy when it was not accepting correct passoword. After approx 1 hour it has accepted the same password and I had immediately removed password from my keypad lock.

please share if any of you have come across the same problems and got some solution to over come these...

thanks and regards

chirag

Please use plain text.
Laxman_CET

Re: nokia asha 202 problems

Hi,

I also bought Nokia Asha 202 last week. I faced mobile restarting after put on charge. then I updated my mobile software from NokiaCare service center. Then it is working OK. But in Messaging facility "not sent message" doesn’t have "retry" option. It is automatically reties and unnecessarily sends after the message conversation ends. No adjustments of LCD screen brightness and no control on screen auto lock event. Musical player hangs with video paying event. Nokia maps application is missing.

I think the software still under development only. Mobile has many problem.

Thanks,
Lakshmanan. R
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sandy911

Hey guys, I've been using this phone from 2 months now. I have seen many problems in this phone. Some of them have been hilighted in the forum.

some of the problems which i observed are.

1)  if you switch off the camera sound it will get switched on when you exit and open the camera again.

2) Sim manager on your home screen often disappears you would have to restart your phone to get it back.

3) Phone gets restarted if you continuously use camera for a long time and you will loose the pics taken in that duration.

What Nokia can do is introduce some apps for the phone.

Please use plain text.
Laxman_CET

Dear Nokia,

I am using Nokia Asha 202 with software version 20.36. I checked this software version and found following problems. Please consider and correct the following problems in next revision of software development,

1. Image viewer is not working with zoomed condition. Some time It shows Black screen after zoomed the image.

2. Music Player is not playing most normal .MP4 and .3gp files which are played in my old phones. It says "This video cannot be played in this device" but is playing with hanging and voice mismatch.

3. FM radio is not having loud speaker option. And FM radio is not having switch off option while head set not connected.

4. There are no LCD screen lock time adjusment settings. No brightness control option for LCD.

5. In message setting, service message off option is not working,

6. Conversation sent messages not having retry option if the messages send failed.

7. In previous version 20.28 the lock button is toggled the function (Open and closed screen), that was convenient. In 20.36 versions, it is not opening the screen. Only closing screen. And the screen auto close time is too short.

8. Double numbers stored contacts is not asking which number we want to call, while directly pressing call button with the particular contact details open. It goes to first stored number direcly.

9. There is a Preview will be shown while sending message. Then we have to send the message. But I feel it is difficult every time to see preview and send SMS. I feel too many times we have to press the screen to send a SMS. This facility can be made optional if possible.

10. File moving option considers only one selection option. It is not confirming the location I want to move. Single click it moves directly to that location.  If I want to move a file inside memory card, some other folder, not possible.

11. Group contacts have limits of 10 contacts only. It is not good. One company employees are more than 10, how to add 50 contacts. Making 5 groups not a good idea.

Please consider the feedback and update in your next software release.

Thanks,
Lakshmanan. R
Please use plain text.
Sywlrdn

[ Edited ]

Hi guys,

I am using my asha 202 two weeks already but i also have the same problem that highlight/mention on above. My phone now using the latest firmware 20.37 but no improvement at all. The new problem now is the battery is quickly drain..the old firmware 20.28, the battery lasts longer and at least takes 4 days to recharge but now only 2 days with the same usage. one more thing, no battery saver option on this phone, i think this function is important for heavy usage. i hope the next update will give the improvement. thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sandy911

Hi All,

I think this is pointless discussing within ourselves about the problems we are facing, each one of us are facing all the problems that these is listed in the forum. What nokia can do is read through this and improve the products they are selling and release firmwares which are of some use. the new firmware released for this phone has no advantages but more disadvantages. i believe updates should be a little usefull, hopefully nokia will learn to serve their customers better.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Mehul212

Nokia Ash 202 Problem

I have purchased Phone Only two Days....

Nokia Ash 202 for supported in .MP4 And .3gp

Problem

1. I have Start  Any Video so One Error Will be Display in screen..

"This video cannot be played in this device" 

2. I have any person to call so automatically lock in my Phone...

So Kindly Urgently Solutions For Two Problems.....

Please use plain text.
Contributor
contact_mohit3

I am also facing the same issue reported in point 7 which is very irritating to me.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
contact_mohit3

Hello Lakshmanan
Any way to get out of these problem ,specifically from problem mention in point 7?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mohanbelu

i have the same problem
Please use plain text.
lux_2525

Hi All,

I send an e-mail to Nokia regarding these problems. But they replied "the current sw ver 20.36. We will update you if there is a new version."

I don't think someone from Nokia is working to improve this 202 phone sw ver. No benefits of communicating Nokia for better improvement. They came here only for their business. No improvement and no new software going to release for 202 models. Bye.

Thanks & Regards,

Lakshmanan. R

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
deepgrang

i hve facing problem in my nokia asha 202 is restarting when im messgng with my frndz nd when apllying the themes nd etc.

Please use plain text.
Sage
classic_sis

@sandy914

I think most Nokia phones can't switch off camera sound permanently. I had ever used Nokia 6730 classic, it was like that too.
Niki
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

It has nothing to do with Nokia. It depends on the regulations of the countries in which the phone is being sold.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
emanuele

hi all,

i have the same problems...

7. In previous version 20.28 the lock button is toggled the function (Open and closed screen), that was convenient. In 20.36 versions, it is not opening the screen. Only closing screen. And the screen auto close time is too short.

this the worse problems, is not possible that, when you are waiting for browset loading, screen switch off and keybord block.

so, to add other problems, i noted that it s not possible to select the messagges, it s possible to delete only one sms at time, or all...

and no answer by nokia...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cjacoba

I wonder whether any body is listening to the discussions here!.

My asha 202 has these problems, I tried to notify Nokia, but to no avail.

The FM radio is not tuning into any stations eventhough I am living in the footprint of 5 FM stations. When trying to tune,(with headset connected) , it says no new stations found. But I find no problem  in switching it off. The sw version is V20.50

I tried to make a playlist of mp3 music but failed. There is no provision to make a play list.

Cant play music  continuously by selecting a folder. I have to click "play" every time a song is finished to hear the next song.

Hope some body takes note of the problems and tries to correct the faults

Please use plain text.
Chandan2

Sir, turn off the suffle and repeat mode. Done !
Radio is ok in my 202 v20.50 . I don't know about your case.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rohann12

It must have marking text option in messaging for deleting and moving text messages. Please include this option Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sampletest

where can i get the loudspeaker option while playing radio in nokia asha 202
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
abhisek1977

Dear Nokia,

in my nokia asha202 there is no menu option for FM Radio

because of that i cannot tune to any station.

please help

Please use plain text.