Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

nokia asha 210 wifi connection problem

Registered Member
jen86

nokia asha 210 wifi connection problem

hi..i purchased my nokia asha 210 last aug.24, 2013. When I used the wifi connection of my phone I found out that it was not working whatever I connect. Pls Help me on how to used my wifi connection.

Mobile Guru
nj15

Re: nokia asha 210 wifi connection problem

Hi jen86,

To connect to the internet via Wi-Fi on your Asha 210 devices please refer to this steps:

1.Select Menu >Settings>Connectivity>Wi-Fi

2.Select the network you want.

3.If the connection is secured, type in the password

Good luck

Same is Happening with me. I  am trying to connect it through wifi hotspot so as to download songs from nokia music but its not working even I am unable to do browsing

Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

jen86my Nokia 210 Dual SIM works like a charm via Wi-Fi. Because it is related to Wi-Fi access, which network operator provided your SIM1?

Advisor
anna22

it doesnot connect and breaks every single minute . moreover , it doesnot add to network too. password addedbut again the problem arises
Employee
sanju

Hi

What is the error message? Are you able to establish Wi-Fi connection successfully? What type of network are you trying to connect? Is it secured or open network? While trying to connect does it show message on the screen says "Can’t start a secure connection. Check coverage and security and date settings in your phone. (005)?

In the above case please try to use your phone with a SIM card having data package to connect to internet for the first time and then try searching and connect to Wi-Fi. Now you will be able to browse using Wi-Fi. Disable the Data connection now and use only Wi-Fi

Please confirm it works?

Br,

Employee
sanju

Hi,

What is the error message? Are you able to establish Wi-Fi connection successfully? What type of network are you trying to connect? Is it secured or open network? While trying to connect does it show message on the screen says "Can’t start a secure connection. Check coverage and security and date settings in your phone. (005)?

In the above case please try to use your phone with a SIM card having data package to connect to internet for the first time and then try searching and connect to Wi-Fi. Now you will be able to browse using Wi-Fi. Disable the Data connection now and use only Wi-Fi

Please confirm it works?

Br,

Sage
cutej007

yes tell us whats the error message
TeeBee1

Hi

I have purchased Nokia Asha 210 few weeks back. In the beging wifi was working fine and was able to connet to availabe networks but after few days it is not searching any networks.

when i turn wifi on, it does show that it is searching but can not find any networls.

I also restored factory defaults but its still not working.

I heard that it is software problem. please advise what should i do?

Thanks.

Sage
cutej007

turn mobile data off and then try again if you have router then check that little light of wifi is showing in router if its not showing then restart your router.
TeeBee1

Dear, i tried that too but still no retults.

The problem is not with one router. It is not showing any wifi network list at all.

Is there any solution to this problem?

Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

TeeBee1 wrote:

I heard that it is software problem.

Who stated that? For me, your case sounds more like a hardware issue with your unit. The last resort is to bring your Nokia 210 to a local but official Nokia Care Centre and let them refurbish the software/firmware. Did that help?

Sage
cutej007

yes i too think that its an hardware issue always check the seal before purchasing.
Zorgie

hi all, im having a problem using the wi-fi at home i can connect without any problem but at my school i cant do the connection when i try to connect it gives back an error saying that i must have my sim card above the battery.. any suggestions?

Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

Zorgie wrote:

school: i must have my sim card above the battery

The operating system of your phone (Nokia Series 40) does not support WPA-Enterprise (EAP) which is used in your school. Although the Nokia 210 is the first Series 40 to support EAP-SIM (with SIM1, below your battery), your school uses another EAP type. You cannot do anything about that except to go for another phone with another operating system like Windows Phone, Android, Symbian, BlackBerry, or iOS.

Registered Member
captpapilo

am having a problem with my nokia 210 wifi connection. Whenever i try to connect to a network, is keeps telling me "network cannot connect to the internet". What should i do?
Sage
cutej007

yes abhi99 said it correctly the hotspot you are trying to connect should have 802.11 b/g enabled.but its not enabled. And the router which your device is connecting is is 802.11b/g/n mixed that router can connect to any device.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

cutej007, not sure why you are about the Wi-Fi bands. A Nokia 210 supports IEEE 802.11g and is backward compatible to IEEE 802.11b.

captpapilo wrote:
"network cannot connect to the internet"

Is that the error message, in English, word-for-word? Please, tell us the name of your Wi-Fi access-point (brand and model).

Employee
sanju

Hi

In the above case please try to use your phone with a SIM card having data package to connect to internet for the first time and then try searching and connect to Wi-Fi. Once connected, you will be able to browse using Wi-Fi. Disable the Data connection now and start using Wi-Fi

Please confirm it works?

Br,

Sage
cutej007

yes you are right tell us the name.but as we compared to android nokia made it wifi very worst i too get wifi problems a lot. with 210.