Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

nokia asha 501

Registered Member
shrivishnu

nokia asha 501

My phone's wifi is not working properly if SIM card is inserted in it.

Please do clarify.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

Re: nokia asha 501

I'm not having any issues with Wifi connection with two sim cards inserted. What exactly you mean not working?, explain a bit further.

If a reply has solved your problem click Accept as solution button, doing it will help others know the solution. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Employee
armagon

[ Edited ]

Could you tell us on which country you are based and what operator SIM-card are you using?

The issue might be possibly caused by operator settings. If that is the case, the "easy" method for fixing it would be to factory reset the phone by dialing *#7370#. Note that this removes also user data from the phone memory. The other option would be to create your own access point settings and set them to use. Steps for Asha 501 are basically:

• Go to settings -> SIM (or Dual SIM, if it's the DS variant of the phone) -> access points -> internet -> tap the "+" button. 
  • Select the "NAP" as the access point type. 
  • Type for example "my NAP" as the name. The address and possible username/PW details are something you'd need to query from your operator. They might be listed on for example on their homepage. For my operator the address is simply "internet" and username/PW fields are left empty. When details are filled click "Done". 
  • Select the NAP ("test NAP") as the active Access point. 
  • Now go back to the "Access Points" menu and tap "browser" and "+".
  • Type for example "my browser" as the name and to the access point field select the "my NAP" you created in the previous steps. URL field info can be at least in my case left empty. When info is filled, click "Done".
  • Select "my browser" as the active option for the "Browser" setting in "Access Points" menu.

now give a try whether the WLAN (and mobile data) are usable. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get Nokia X Software Platform 1.2 update (for X/X+/XL):
http://www.nokia.com/global/nokia-x-updates

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Community/Wiki/Nokia_firmware_change_logs
https://twitter.com/NokiaSWUpdates
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Oktheorignal

Are u sure that mobile data is off when wifi is on...?
Please use plain text.