Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: nokia chargers

nokia chargers

hi
my question
is it safe to use any charger

the detail on the 5300 charger:
Input: 100-240v~/50-60Hz/100mA
Output: Dc 5.0V/350mA

the detail on the e65 charger:
Input: 100-240V~/50-60Hz/125mA
Output Dc 5V/890mA

the detail on the n70 charger:
Input: Ac 100-240V 50-60 Hz 180 mA
OUTPUT: DC 5.0V,800mA

what is the différences and what will it do
will the 180 mA charge better than 125mA or 100mA ?????

thanks
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

It's the output you need to pay attention to, not the input.

All 3 of them supply 5.0V, so there's no problem from that point of view.

The charger for the 5300 can only output 350mA, so you shouldn't use it on an E65, for example, because the handset obviously needs more current than that charger can supply (it's shipped normally with one that can spit out 890mA for a reason).

The other way round should be safe, though. You should be able to use the E65's charger on a 5300. The 5300 can make do with 350mA, so connecting a charger that is capable of supplying 890mA should be fine.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
babdi

Voltage should be same. Else it will fry the phone. As for the current using higher rated mAH in a phone which can take a lower rated mAH battery will heatup the battery uncomfortably. Using lower mAH will charge the phone slower.

Simple rule : Use the one that is meant for the phone.

When the input voltage fluctuates it does affect the output though the output is rectified. There is a limit as to how much input voltage can change
If my post has helped you please click the white star on the right
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

27-Apr-2008 06:14 PM
babdi wrote:
Voltage should be same. Else it will fry the phone. As for the current using higher rated mAH in a phone which can take a lower rated mAH battery will heatup the battery uncomfortably. Using lower mAH will charge the phone slower.

Simple rule : Use the one that is meant for the phone.

When the input voltage fluctuates it does affect the output though the output is rectified. There is a limit as to how much input voltage can change

A charger with a higher current rating is a charger that can output more current if the phone requires it. It doesn't mean that the charger necessarily will supply more current and make the battery heat up too much.

Trust me, I'm trained in electronics :smileyhappy:

Oh, and rectified != regulated :smileyhappy:

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
babdi

A charger with a higher current rating is a charger that can output more current if the phone requires it. It doesn't mean that the charger necessarily will supply more current and make the battery heat up too much.

I am aware that the current drawn is directly proportional to the load. But I have also heard instances where people have complained their batteries heating up.

In that case suppose I use 5000 mAH charger the battery should get charged in 15 minutues with out any problems.Why it is not done

Heating is due to chemical change while charging, Faster charging
sets off ionization quicker which heats up the battery.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

We'll just have to agree to disagree here. Having worked some 20 years in electronics doing among other things, repairing and sometimes designing power supplies, I know where I stand.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
babdi

Agreed :smileywink:
Please use plain text.