Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

packet data settings in nokia asha 303

Contributor
ady_303

packet data settings in nokia asha 303

please tell me how to turn off packet data in nokia asha 303?i have to delete the gprs settings as soon as my net pack gets ovr. if i dont delete them then my balance is deducted aftr evry few minutes. i keep on receiving texts on whatsapp..is there any provision to switch it off when i dont want to use it???? 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Re: packet data settings in nokia asha 303

Sadly, you can't turn it off :smileysad:
You need to either delete whatsapp or the settings. Don't delete them, just select a new set of settings which are for a different operator and it will not be able to connect.
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
periwinkle28

Re: packet data settings in nokia asha 303

Hi ady_303,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the forum. :smileyhappy:

Turning the packet data completely off is not possible unless you're going to remove the packet data settings completely off the phone. However, in order for you to avoid unecessary charges, try to remove the whatsapp or any live widget (e.g social apps such as facebook or twitter, or even weather application) from the homescreen of your device. Since these are applications that require internet connection, if set on the homescreen, it'll continuously get live feeds and updates which means, it'll be using your data.

Regards,

periwinkle28

Please use plain text.