Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

packet data ?

packet data ?

[ Edited ]
what is packet data settings and access points?
it has something to do with bluetooth connection?
i have a problem since i downloaded a theme from the internet via bluetooth, and now my phone fails to receive any data.
any help on this?
10x
my phone is nokia 5300 xpress music

Message Edited by babpsy on 14-Feb-2007
10:16 PM

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

Re: packet data ?

Packet data and access points do not have anything to do with Bluetooth, really.

A packet data connection is a data connection over the mobile network (GPRS, EDGE or WCDMA/UMTS/3G data connection).

An access point is the mechanism how the connection "context" is established.

The easiest way to define/set up an access point (or several; usually network operators offer three: one for Internet access, another for WAP and a third for MMS, Multimedia Messaging Service) is to request/order a configuration message with the settings to be sent to our phone.

You can usually do so, by calling your operator's customer service (helpdesk) and ask them to send you the settings, or you can do it from their web site, or Nokia's web site.

See "Get settings" here: http://europe.nokia.com/A4144888
Please use plain text.
1a2d

I need packet data configuration settings for my Nokia 2730c1. I find it difficult to download things.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

1a2d wrote:
I need packet data configuration settings for my Nokia 2730c1. I find it difficult to download things.

Request your Operator to send the settings. Normally they are sent thru' an SMS. When you receive, open and select SAVE..and they should get set automatically ...

Please use plain text.
Acostello73

When i try to download certain apps or games or even try run them a message subscribe to packet data appears. I have a Nokia 302 i can't find it in the settings anywhere.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Acostello73 wrote:
When i try to download certain apps or games or even try run them a message subscribe to packet data appears. I have a Nokia 302 i can't find it in the settings anywhere.

Have you subsribed for a Data plan thru' your Operator ? If not, you need to do that firat and then follow as per Message 4 above ..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

Nokia » Menu » Settings » Configuration » Personal » Add » not Internet but Access Point » to give more detail we need the name of your network operator (and the country you are in).

Please use plain text.
spalanisam

india
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

And your network operator, every operator has its own settings.

Please use plain text.