Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

"No network coverage"

Advisor
Accepted Solution

"No network coverage"

[ Edited ]
My phone has been working perfectly over the last few months. But now, suddenly I recieve a 'No network coverage' message when trying to call someone. When I try to call my mobile from me home telephone, It gets to the O2 messaging service, when my phone is really ON!

Can someone pinpoint the problem here!

EDIT: edited the title

Message Edited by ajak on 15-May-2006
08:17 AM

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
richcowell

Re: "No network coverage"

[ Edited ]
Have you tried the SIM in a different handset? It could be a fault with the SIM. Try a different SIM in your handset too.

If that doesn't work, try contacting your operator to see if they've placed any restrictions on your account - someone at my network misread an email I sent and blocked my handset, so they had to send me a new one :smileytongue: I wasn't complaining lol

08:17 AM

Nokia History: 3110, 5110, 7110, 7110, 3510i, 6210, 6310i, 5210, 6100, 6610, 7250, 7250i, 6650, 6230, 6230i, 6260, N70, N70, 5300, N95, N95, E71, E72
Android History: HTC Desire, SE Xperia Arc, HTC Sensation, Sensation XE, One X+, Google Nexus 5
Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]
I have tried the SIM on my older phone just now, and it works properly. This should be a problem with the phone then! How do I get this fixed?

08:18 AM

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
richcowell

Re: "No network coverage" ?

[ Edited ]
Have you got access to another SIM card that you can try in your handset?

08:19 AM

Nokia History: 3110, 5110, 7110, 7110, 3510i, 6210, 6310i, 5210, 6100, 6610, 7250, 7250i, 6650, 6230, 6230i, 6260, N70, N70, 5300, N95, N95, E71, E72
Android History: HTC Desire, SE Xperia Arc, HTC Sensation, Sensation XE, One X+, Google Nexus 5
Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]
Yes, and I've tried that too, but it still doesnt work. My phone doesnt seem to get any network signals. And my signal strength meter is very low at 0! What has happened! Has it been locked or barred or something?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
richcowell

[ Edited ]
Contact your Network / Service provider - they should be able to tell you whether an IMEI block has been put on it... That's what happened to mine.

Did you get the phone new from the network / shop?

Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]
Yeah the phone was new.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Re: "No network coverage" ?

[ Edited ]
Take it to a NSC, could be a phone fault relating to the service components. They will be able to advise you better.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

[ Edited ]
I too am experiencing the exact same problem with my Nokia N70. The phone was absolutely fine on Thursday, I was able to send and receive calls on the T-Mobile network, had full signal strength etc. On Friday morning as I paired my bluetooth headset with my phone, I realised that there was no signal and thought nothing of it thinking that it was a temporary network issue. It's now Sunday 21st May 2006, and still no signal. My sim card works fine in other phones, but other t-mobile sim card don't in my phone! T-mobile put it down to a network problem when I contacted them - they said that one of the cells in my area was malfunctioning and would be repaired within 72 hours. I doubt that the cell has anything to do with this problem as I work 10 miles away from home and still can't get a signal, also my wife is on t-mobile living in the same house, and she has had no problems. Strange thing is that I've never dropped it once in the two months I've had it so how could the phone suddenly malfunction like this if it is a hardware fault?

Since Friday 19th May 2006 since I first started to experience this problem, there have been two occasions where signal strength has come back to full but when trying to make a call, i get a "connection error"! I've also received a text message that I sent to myself the day before.

What do you think this problem could be?

Message Edited by demonnet on 21-May-2006
10:56 PM

Please use plain text.

Hi,
I have the same network coverage problem with my NOKIA 6230i. After the cell was repaired at my local (not NOKIA) service I faced with the same problem again! Then they said it could be a problem of some cell's microchips or something. I was told that particular part is wired in quite weakly. So it recoils as I bend my phone.
This explanation surprised my a bit: are these phones so delicate that you may face with these kind of problems after desperately twisting your phone in the trouser's pocket?... :\

Maybe it could be the same problem as yours.

[English is not my mother language so be tolerant]
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi,

Did anybody find a solution to the 'No Network coverage' problem described above? I am experiencing the same problem now with my previously reliable (if a bit old) Nokia 3100 and would like an idea of what the likely cause/solution is.

Thanks,
Loz
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MishieMoo

has anyone got an answer on this having the SAME problem Sim works in another phone and no sims work in just this phone - no network coverage error - is there something we can download?

Please use plain text.
musica

Please use plain text.
chrisorius

Mine does the same, how can i fix it.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

chrisorius, you can’t fix it.

That is something your network operator has to fix. Only solution to evade is to change your Nokia to GSM-only. By the way, which model do you use? One solution for your network operator is to send you a new SIM. SIM do get corrupt over time as they are like every media – they break over time, with every write (much like a hard disk failure).

If this happend before: By this SIM exchange, you are upgrading to the latest SIM specifications, too (USIM). Consequently, the file structure is completely different. Furthermore, a new SIM might change the manufacturer of the SIM itself, as well – and your Nokia might like that much more. Of course this does not help, if your SIM worked in the same phone is the past. But wait a second: If your network operator upgraded his infrastructure or you moved to another city, the could be the cause for the change.

As you can see, too much factors. You cannot fix anything except to evade it (GSM-only, new SIM, or new phone).

Please use plain text.