Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: ""

Advisor

"Packet data connection not available"

I am getting this error when I try to go on the web. Any chance anyone has had this error and can help?

Thanks
Mobile Guru
richcowell

Re: "Packet data connection not available"

Is this a new fault? Have you previously been able to get on the Internet with the same phone and sim card?

Incidentally, which phone / network are you on?

Try getting the settings from the network again, and make sure the correct ones are activated.

If that doesn't work, and if you've not been able to get on it previously, contact your network and make sure your account is set to go online etc.

If you're still stuck, let us know here.
Nokia History: 3110, 5110, 7110, 7110, 3510i, 6210, 6310i, 5210, 6100, 6610, 7250, 7250i, 6650, 6230, 6230i, 6260, N70, N70, 5300, N95, N95, E71, E72
Android History: HTC Desire, SE Xperia Arc, HTC Sensation, Sensation XE, One X+, Google Nexus 5
Advisor

Hi

It is a new phone, but I have had internet access before on my last phone (not a nokia phone). I cannot really see what other settings I may need to alter?

Thanks
Advisor

sorry I am on vodaphone and a Nokia 6280!
Mobile Guru
richcowell

Have you checked to see if you've got the right settings on this new phone?

The settings are handset based, not SIM based, so just because it worked on your last phone, doesn't mean it's all ready for you on the new one.

Get the settings sent again and see if that helps.

Try this link and see if it's a start...

Vodafone Connection Settings
Nokia History: 3110, 5110, 7110, 7110, 3510i, 6210, 6310i, 5210, 6100, 6610, 7250, 7250i, 6650, 6230, 6230i, 6260, N70, N70, 5300, N95, N95, E71, E72
Android History: HTC Desire, SE Xperia Arc, HTC Sensation, Sensation XE, One X+, Google Nexus 5
Advisor

Hi thanks for the help and i got the setting sent etc, but still get the error Packet data connection not available, very strange...

I'm getting the same problem with my tiscali email on my nokia n91 - never used email on a phone before, but have entered all the correct settings via the wizard on the phone.

These tie up with the tiscali settings on their web page.

login username@tiscali.co.uk
incoming email (POP3) pop.tiscali.co.uk
outgoing email (SMTP) smtp.tiscali.co.uk
FTP server ftp.myweb.tiscali.co.uk
Webspace address http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/directoryname
Usenet news.tiscali.co.uk

Any oher suggestions?

Actually - it's fine now.

Went to the top of this page, followed the inctructions in the "Please Read This if You Need Help Setting Up Email on Your Phone" sticky, re-downloaded my drivers and it worked :smileyhappy:
Advisor

Good for you!

However I am still getting the error "Packet data connection not available"!! I have tried everything!
Advisor

This is weird.

I got this message today, but have been happily sending emails and using wap...until all of a sudden this error?

I turn the phone off then on again, and all works ok again!?!?

this has happened a few times
Registered Member

01-Jun-2006
08:10 PM
maxtv76 wrote:
Hi thanks for the help and i got the setting sent etc, but still get the error Packet data connection not available, very strange...

Hi - I keep getting the packet data error message too - I have downloaded my settings again from this web site but I still can't open the link in my phone - its driving me mad - did you have any joy in the end?
Registered Member

hi
iv just brought a new nokia 6280 and its on vodafone, im gettin the exact same problems as u...
i cant connect to vodaphone live "packet data connection not available"

has any1 figured out 2 activate vodafone live?

also i have found numourus glitches on the phones firmware (3.60), aparently theres a new firmware out 3.81? is this available for download on the interent? or do i have to do to a nokia store?

your help will b highly apprieated

(sorry for all my typos :smileytongue:)

many thanks
Az............
Professor
mobile_maniac

If the connection is not available, it's nothing to do with phone settings... it's that your SIM card is not set up to be able to handle packet data.

Contact your network, they should be able to resolve this for you.

I'm not sure what the latest firmware is for the 6280 on Vodafone but you'd have to go to a Nokia engineer to have it applied for you, it's not something you'll be able to do yourself.
Registered Member

Re: ""

same here! my mob is nokia 6280 too!!but its on O2,
ive download everythihng,but everytime when i try to connect it, it juz say "Packet data connection not available"
wat shd i do??
Registered Member

31-May-2006
12:14 PM
maxtv76 wrote:
I am getting this error when I try to go on the web. Any chance anyone has had this error and can help?

Thanks

Counsellor

I've only seen this error on the phone when someone did not have packet data connection / GPRS enabled on their account. Had to call the carrier to get it added.
Registered Member

I also hava the same message on my 6021 phone
soultrafic

i have a nokia 5300 the internet worked but now i havve i have the same problem

Despite getting settings installed, I am not able to connect my N95 to web. On screen my mobile shows indication of packet data availibility but at the same time I get massage "Packet data connection not available" Any solution?
Registered Member

I have the same problem with my Nokia N95. The problem should be easy enough to solve. The problem for me was that UMTS data was not activated on my USIM card. Speech was available, but not data which generated this error message. I spoke to my operator and they are solving the problem as we speak. Hope this helps others to solve the problem as well.

Background: I switched phones and got a new USIM card.