Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: "Packet data connection not available"

Registered Member

i have formatted my e71 now not able to get nokia messaging service pls help
Please use plain text.

Packet data connection not available

Nokia 5320 v 04.13

This is my nokia set and I am facing the same problem. Even I changed my BSNL SIM card with another sim card of same OPERATOR and used the same settings of GPRS but of no use. My handset shows EDGE connection is available but when connecting using inbuilt browser same message of "Packet data connection not available" appeared. First I thought my SIM card is the culprit but EDGE connection works great on another handset nokia 5700 with my SIM card.

I need your help.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rodjohn54

For the past several months I've been using my Nokia 5800 to surf the net both thru wifi and my operator 3g and GPRS networks without indicent.  Now I get the message "Packet data not available" when connected to either wifi or the operator network.  Any advice?  Thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
lionmahesh

e poblemRe: "Packet data connection not available"

the problem of Packet data connection not available is ther with my se model no.5233

Please help!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ceetee

Re: e poblemRe: "Packet data connection not available"

i bought a new nokia 5800 this week.

i also hav the same problem with my nokia 5800 which says "packet data not available" WHEN I TRIED TO CONNECT TO INTERNET.

I saw in some forums that changing the restrictions in APN control would solve the problem.

That is., Tools> Settings> Connections> APN control

if it says Connection restrictions active, press Options> Deactivate restrictions

BUT MY DEVICE DOES NOT SHOW THE APN CONTROL .HOW CAN I SOLVE THIS PROBLEM ?

Menu -> Setting -> Connectivity -> Destinations -> Select Access Point -> Option -> Edit -> Option -> Advance Setting.

Also i cannot setup the proxy ip address for my APN settings. There is no edit button after i select the access point.

My old chineese phone was far better and easy to install GPRS settings. This nokia is great headache for me this week. After surfing your forums it seems everyone have the same problem and it is not possible to browse in nokia 5800.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
JonathanC

I have the same problem with a Nokia 5800 on O2. It wouldn't suprise me if some service providers blocked e-mails so they can make ridiculous income on their 10p text messages.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
aero1212

Hi Guys,

I am on 02 network in the Uk, I have a nokia 5800 pay and go, I use to be able to get the internet on my mobile for free when topping up each month on the tariff I got, I been having problems about over a month know with no packet data being received or other words not advalable, Ii did have to get the phone repaired and the nokia team sent me a brand new one of the model and it started then with the new hand set that I received back. This is the second phone I had of the nokia 5800 since January 2010. When I phone up my network provider they send me the wrong internet setting that I do not need and it cost me each time and it should not happened please could anyone help me in this problem please?????????

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

YOu need to contact your network again and tell them to send you the correct settings you need

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sup8pdct

My 5233 had the same problem. Several calls to my service provider and one to nokia finally sorted out the problem. tI was a faulty SIM card. It would allow phone calls and sms, but data packets were not allowed IE like  apn restriction. The really odd part was that on my older phones, I could  use internet, mms etc.A replacement  SIM card fixed the problem.

James

Please use plain text.
Advisor
aero1212

do i need to change any settings? on the connections for data packet if i swap the sim card over to another 02 sim

Please use plain text.
Advisor
aero1212

changing the sim does not work still, it still saying not packet data advailable????

Please use plain text.
Advisor
aero1212

Hi Guys,

subject about "Packet Data Connection Not Available"

What you all need to do, is phone up your network provider and ask them to do a manual set up for internet on the phone, With this it will allow you to access the internet anywere on your mobile. You may also have to change your terrif information to another terrif. when this all done you will have internet working on the handset and including the free sat nav. I have done this with my network this morning on 02 and AND IT WORKS! please also note that 02 does not always allow firmwire on the handset of the Nokia 5800 we as 02 customers have to go to a Nokia store where they will upgrade the phone fore you if you want the V50.005 on the handset.

if you want anymore information about Nokia 5800 please send email and i will be able to send email back as soon as i can...........

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
johnnyfeedup

Just bought a sim free factory unlocked nokia 5800 tryed using a pay n go 02 sim card  yeah the same  packet data connection  blah blah   ,  just dont work  web wap nothing except calls n texts ,,,

put in a virgin sim card and presto everything works just fab so now will phone 02 see what they say , then if i not like what i hear i'll go back to use virgin again

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tareqhe

to solve this problem

1- go to -------->menu.

2- go to -------->tools.

3- go to -------->setting.

4- go to -------->connection.

5- go to -------->packet data.

6- go to -------->packet data connection.

7- change from "when needed" to "when avaliable".

8- then OK.

thanks God my problem solved .

donot hate ISLAM go read about it before prejudice it, ISLAM is a peace religion.

Please use plain text.
Sage
shailendraraj

There are only two reason for mobile to show such error.
1.When SIM service provider internet is not activated

2.Weak signal strength

3.The destination is having many access point and service is not activated.

Solutions:

1. Ask SIM service provider about the acticvation of High bandwidth mobile internet

2.Check for good signal strength

3.Delete all access points except High bandwidth mobile internet

regards

if this helped u click green star

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Malastrone

phone 191 and tell them, they send you settings simple

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jptamboli

i got the same problem on my nokia n82 i cant access the net using opera mini it always ask for pocket data connection. i hav e my gprs and internet setting fixed but still have th same problem
jai
Please use plain text.
kanjiqueen21

Hi guys,

I've been getting the same problem with my Nokia 6760 slide. I'm with Telstra, but my parents pay for my bills. My internet worked for about a month, then, three mornings ago, it just wouldn't work, displaying "Packet data: Packet data connection not available". 

Do you think that it's possible to disable the internet on your account? Or do you think that I just exceeded my download limit and Telstra won't let me use internet on my mobile until...I don't know, the next bill's paid or whenever?

Any help at all would be appreciated!

Thanks so much.

Irene :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

The answer is YES to both your questions..

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
kanjiqueen21

How would you find out? Could I go onto the Telstra website and find out? I know Virgin had that service.

Please use plain text.