Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

"Packet data connection not available"

Contributor

Re: "Packet data connection not available"

hi, i meet the same problem with my nokia E65
i can't get connected....it always out " packet data not available".....

may i know where can i activate my network? or where can i create a account?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I think this only happens when you receive a new USIM card with your phone. Activating it depends on your provider. Usually your provider will give you a small manual where it says how to activate your USIM card. There is a difference between activating your "calling" part and the UMTS part.

In my case someone from my company had to activate it. Just call your provider and tell them you want to activate UMTS on your card and they will tell you if you are allowed to do it or who has to do it within your company.

Hope this helps
Please use plain text.

I'm having this problem with my new Nokia N81. Got it unlocked and brand new, i put my vodafone sim card i've used for a long time now (with my old Sony Ericsson k800i) and Vodafone live worked no bother. Tried the OTA and manual setting but it's not working at all... Just wondering what to do cos up here we dont have a vodafone store but we have a camera store in town but they have to send the phone south and i can't live without my phone lol - i use it every day and even for work sometimes. Should i phone vodafone or something? or what?

Please help lol.
Please use plain text.

i got the same problem on my 6280 and 6300! i cant access the net using opera mini.. it always ask for packet data. i have my gprs and internet settings fixed but still have the same problem.. i went to my network provider but they said i should go to nokia.. what should i really do???
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I've had my Nokia 6126 for a year and this same problem started yesterday. I solved it by turning the phone off then on. The multimedia began working immediately. Ron Annapolis MD
Please use plain text.
Sage

Ever tried going to Menu > Tools > Settings > Connection > APN Control to see whether it's being restricted? If yes, then enable it with your PIN2 code.. that's for S60.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi...I also am getting this message and my phone is the E71 and I have T-mobile. I am paying extra for WAP to have access to internet, but once I go on the Web app...it gives me this message. Any idea?
Please use plain text.
dennis44

[ Edited ]
when ever i to brawes is allways givinhg Packet data connection not available but why my e-mail.

Message Edited by kenken on 16-Dec-2008 10:01 AM
God is able
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

[ Edited ]
I found this info online and when I used the info for my 7370 I had access to the internet. The writer said it worked for his/her phone however not without downloading trouble. I hope this helps for anyone who can use it.

Account Name: MEdia Net
Homepage: http://device.home
Username: Blank
Password: Blank
Use Preferred Access Point: No
Highlight "Access Point settings" press Select.
Proxy: Enabled
Proxy Address: wireless.cingular.com
Proxy Port: 80
Data Bearer: Packet Data

Highlight "Bearer Settings" press Select.
Packet data access point: wap.cingular
Authentication Type: Normal
Username: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM (case sensitive)
Password: CINGULAR1 (case sensitive, displays as "****")

Found on the site: http://www.howardforums.com/archive/topic/1134650-1.html

Message Edited by sachiko353 on 16-Dec-2008 08:46 AM
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

hi
i have just got a nokia n95 and had no problems with it untill 2 day im on the network 3 and the internet worked in teh moring but now it wont let me acess it, the wifi internet works fine but when i try to use the 3's internet it says packet data not allowd any one know whats wrong with it?

ben.
Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]
hello 
i bought nokia 5800 the new one, and facing the same problem
" packet data connection not available" Although i am connected to business internet line

Message Edited by doun7 on 10-Feb-2009 06:43 AM
Please use plain text.
shabith

hi,

i got a nokia 5320 device. i had the same problem. first i clear the cache. then ask them to resend me the settings as SMS. then turn off the mobile for 5 mins and turn it on. now its working.:smileyvery-happy: may be this will work for you guys too.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hi

I have a 5800 and was getting  packet data connection not available errors fixed it now by going to SETTINGS CONNECTIVITY DESTINATION. and in the internet section clicked on my settings that were there (FOR ME vodafone.live) and changed them with the data gprs setting here http://www.filesaveas.com/gprs.html#apn..

hope this works for other phones and nnot just the 5800..
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

yea i have the Nokia 5800i XpressMusic, the web has never worked, i topped up and used o2 surprises and won 1 days worth of free internet browsing and the Packet data message. 

H     E     L     P     !     !     !

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Unfortunate none of these solutions really works.

Either there is any problem with Opera, or with Nokia. Service providers are not to be blamed.

Lets wait for either of them to come with a solution.

Till then you can try removing the inbuilt Opera and download Opera 4.2 and try accessing.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I just bought a nokia 7310 supernova and whenever i try to go online it says please subscribe to packet data first, and ive tryed everything possible and i just cant get online lol
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I have help if you are on vodafone pay as you go and got a nokia 5800, and having trouble with packet data and theres no conection avalible, it also might help people with different phones.

follow this

Press the Menu key
Tap Internet
Tap Web
Tap Options
Tap Settings
Tap General
Tap Access point

Tap Always Ask

select this because this then allows you to select how you want to connect to the internet when you want to go on the internet.

i have found that this packet data connection not avalible is coming up because its for contract internet and this is not supported by pay as you go sim cards.

i hope this helps as it worked for me as i was also having trouble with packet data

Please use plain text.

I have got a nokia 2680 and i get the eror message saying packet data not avalable

How can i fix this??

Thanks '-'

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I had this with my new 6710 navigator. It rurned out my sim card was too old and when I changed to a new sim all was fine.

So simple but it took calls to O2, Nokia and then my local Nokia outlet who suggested it could be the sim.

Hope this helps others.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

"Packet data connection not available"

Packet data not allowed issue......solution....tested!:smileyvery-happy:

I was having problems with my new nokia e71 trying to use the internet.

Problem 

I kept getting the message "Packet data not allowed" 

Solution

Menu > Tools > Settings > Connection > APN Control to see whether it's being restricted? If yes, then enable it with your PIN2 code.. 

PIN 2 Code 

I called the mobile carrier, my IT dept but found this answer WORKED first time !!! Here in greece my sim card came with a card with the Pin code, pin 2 and puk codes. Its this Pin 2 that was needed to unblock the access via the handset. Even though the mobile carrier had unbarred the service, it needed to be done on the handset too.

It worked on the E71 Nokia and s60 so I am guessing it will work on Nokias!  

Good luck 

Please use plain text.