Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: "certificate not on phone or sim" on 3110c

"certificate not on phone or sim" on 3110c

[ Edited ]

Hi all

I'm trying to install a signed version of Opera Mini on my 3110c but am getting the message "certificate not on phone or sim."  I also got the same message when trying to install a Google app several weeks ago.

I've spent many hours looking on the Internet for a solution but haven't been able to find one.

Can anyone here help please?

Thanks

Brian

Message Edited by dazz19 on 06-Feb-2009 10:27 AM
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I can't install the SKYPE software for the same reason on my 6700 classic - an therwise splendid phone. It was bought from carphone warehouse 'unlocked' not from'3' so it does not have the '3' firmware in it.

You may have a similar problem.

My question is - how can I make SKYPE work?

Please use plain text.
Sage
wezzyd

Sounds like u both havnt got the certificate's in your phone's. I had the problem on my 5310.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Same here on my Nokia 5310 XpressMusic!!!!

Come on people give us an answer that will help us.

My case is this: When I was looking for a new application in ovi store i tryed to download locago application but the download stopped and displayed an message: download/install failed. Then I tryed to download it straight from the publisher's site and an error (again!!!!): "Certificate not on phone or sim" ?!?!!? WHF?!?!!?

... And then I thought that my phone's firmware is bugged and I reinstalled it, lost ALL my settings and guess what?!?! NOTHING !!!!

Come on people can You give me and answer what's wrong?!?!!? 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi all

I'm trying to install a signed version of Opera Mini on my 3110c but am getting the message "certificate not on phone or sim." I also got the same message when trying to install a Google app several weeks ago.

I've spent many hours looking on the Internet for a solution but haven't been able to find one.

Can anyone here help please?

Thanks

pramod
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Yes, ineed we don't have the certificate. In my case that was because I did not purchase my phone from '3' Skype support is ONLY available on nokia phones if they are bought through '3' outlests as only then does the right firmware get loaded. This point is NOT made clear AT ALL by the thre foot high baners in Car Phone Warehouse when they sell Nokia 'Skype' phones.

So, you had this problem - what did you do about it? Have you any advice?

thanks.

Please use plain text.

I bought my 3110c sim-free and never got the problem sorted out.  I have another 3110c (sim-free too) which has never suffered the problem.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rajanikantht

"certificate not on phone or sim" on 6212

I AM GETTING PROBLEM IN 6212

"certificate not on phone or sim"

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: "certificate not on phone or sim" on 6212

[ Edited ]

I fear none of us will get any actual support from Nokia - utter silence from them.

Are they reading this thread at all?

At least tell us something !

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dubcartel

Re: "certificate not on phone or sim" on 6212

OK i have the answer for those people trying to download skype onto an unlocked handset and receiving the message 'certificate not on phone or sim'

Using your mobile enter this web address into your browser and you will be able to download skype:

http://ghp.three.co.uk/email/skype/home

best regards

Dubcartel

Please use plain text.
Ovistorephone3_

Cretificate
Please use plain text.
Ovistorephone3_

Ovistorephone3
Please use plain text.
Ovistorephone3_

Yes
Please use plain text.
Contributor
unknown24

Ok...!!! I'll try to solve problem....
First, check the authority certificates on your phone....
Go to menu > settings > security > authority certificates
check, is there list of certificates in it? If none that you must download certificates...
May be this link help you to download certificates...

/t5/forums/mobileforumtopicpage/board-id/messaging/message-id/29409

Please Correct Me if i wrong ^_^
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
herichizo

hi am using nokia 5220. Am try to downlod applicatio but when downlod start iget msg say 'certifica not on phone or sim' pls help give me addres where i can downlod that certificat
Please use plain text.
sam_tahir

Hi i've nokia 6500s when i load ovi
browser no problem creat but
when download theses
applications
opera5.1,mig33,nimbuzz,or all
applications that stored at ovi
store. Show this. Certificit not on
phone or sim.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
TechKidPH

Just update your phones firmware to a new fresh firmware and your problem will vanish... new firmwares may carry new certificates that was useful to nokia phones... just try it... remember to backup your phone first, remove memory card password before doing this...

Please use plain text.
naHeK

Same problem here, on a 5310 Xprm. I'll try one of this solutions, then i will reply and let you know if it works. 

Nokia, i think you are going down.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

First of all how to avoid loosing the certificates. Pls pls pls never get to ur phone flashed at mobile repair shops except Nokia care as its during that flashing the certificates are deleted. Now about getting them back additional things that can b done are-
settings- phone updates- download current firmware. The phone will download the certificates.
2. As stated above reinstall firmware using pc/ovi suite.
3. If none works Nokia Care is the only solution.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ti_manir

when i download opera mini. There was written certificate not phone or sim. Please give certificates which are necessary
Please use plain text.