Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

reflashing phone?

reflashing phone?

I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do. I seem to have forgotten my security code for my Nokia 6111, not the PIN, the security code. I need a PUK2 activation code to be able to use it again, but I rang up O2 and they said it was a phone problem, so I rang up Nokia and they said I had to bring it into a service centre. Surely there's a way to gain the PUK2 code? Or if not, somehow reflash the phone from home? Thank you so much for any help and advice you can give me :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Professor
indra_n80

Re: reflashing phone?

take it to your nokia service centre.
At last a nseries phone im truely happy with THE N82
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
viper

puk2 is sim related and not manuafactuere, u will need to speak to your network for this.
Blackberry Bold
Please use plain text.

It can't be sim related because I rang up O2 and they said it was a problem with my phone, and that I had to ring up Nokia and find out what the problem was.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
venjada

Divachick, if it is your security code for the phone (default 12345) that you have changed and forgotten then you will need to have your phone flashed by a Nokia Service Centre. I cannot see where the PUK2 code comes into this. As previously stated by someone else PUK codes are related to your sim card, PUK2 being to unlock a sim card that has been blocked by entering incorrect PIN2 code too many times. PIN2 is normally used for advanced sim card features like Call Barring services. Personally I feel that if your phone is askng for PUK2 then either yourslf or someone else who has had hold of your phone has played about with security settings and blocked PIN2. O2 will have to give you this code. Take note also that if you enter 10 wrong PUK2 codes then your sim card will be destroyed !!!
Best Regards

Dave
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
taffytafftaf

28-Dec-2006
07:13 PM
venjada wrote:
Divachick, if it is your security code for the phone (default 12345) that you have changed and forgotten then you will need to have your phone flashed by a Nokia Service Centre. I cannot see where the PUK2 code comes into this. As previously stated by someone else PUK codes are related to your sim card, PUK2 being to unlock a sim card that has been blocked by entering incorrect PIN2 code too many times. PIN2 is normally used for advanced sim card features like Call Barring services. Personally I feel that if your phone is askng for PUK2 then either yourslf or someone else who has had hold of your phone has played about with security settings and blocked PIN2. O2 will have to give you this code. Take note also that if you enter 10 wrong PUK2 codes then your sim card will be destroyed !!!

The card doeesn't get destroyed as such it just needs to be returned to the network to be unlocked.
Is that an N95 in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?!?

Life's too important to take seriously.
Nokias I've owned 3210, 3310, 6100, 7650, 6600, 6680, 6630, N80, N95
I'm a 26 year old boy BTW
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
venjada

Taffytafftaff, I beg to differ. If asim card has become blocked due to too many (usually 10) PUK codes being incorrectly entered then the card has been destroyed and cannot be unlocked by the networks. If you convince the network that your sim card has become faulty rather than blocked then they may replace it for you but noe of the networks will even offer to un-block a blocked sim because they cannot do it
Best Regards

Dave
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
taffytafftaf

29-Dec-2006
09:32 AM
venjada wrote:
Taffytafftaff, I beg to differ. If asim card has become blocked due to too many (usually 10) PUK codes being incorrectly entered then the card has been destroyed and cannot be unlocked by the networks. If you convince the network that your sim card has become faulty rather than blocked then they may replace it for you but noe of the networks will even offer to un-block a blocked sim because they cannot do it

that's strange because they use to state in the handbooks that if you enter the PUK code wrong 10 times in a row then the SIM has to returned to the network to be unlocked as it becomes blocked to unlock codes. Can't imagine they would suddenly stop offering that?!?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
venjada

Hi taffytafftaf,

I can honestly say that I have never read anywhere or known a network take back a sim card for unlocking. If I am wrong I stand corrected but I have spoken to 3 of the 5 major UK networks today and they all said the sim would need to be replaced in this event
Best Regards

Dave
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
taffytafftaf

Maybe they don't bother to fix them anymore then. They did use to as they stated it in a manual before. Probably cheaper for them to just zap the data onto a new card I guess.

Please use plain text.