Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

screened messages???

Registered Member

screened messages???

I bought my Mum a nokia 2310 for christmas.

She is using it well, but she has one problem.
When her sister from Switzerland sends her a text message, it goes straight to the Screened Messages folder, without letting her know it has arrived.
Is there a way that we can change this, so that she will be alerted when a message comes through.
All other text messages are received in the inbox as normal, only her sister's is not.

Advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you Xx
Please use plain text.
Sage

Re: screened messages???

It has nothing to do with your mother's mobile phone or its settings. The full screen message is some special type of message. This is being defined by the sender. On some internet sites where you can send free Text messages you can choose whether to send a normal message, or a full screen message.
Sometimes the solution is closer than you think... sometimes farther
Please use plain text.

Menu / Contacts / No.screening
will bring you to the "Number screening" list. Scroll down to the number you wish to delete from that list, then press Options, and then Delete.

Somehow the Switzerland number was entered by mistake onto the "Number screening" list. Calls received from that number do not ring or vibrate; but can be answered if you happen to be looking at the phone and see on the screen that a call is coming through. Messages from that number are put into the "Screened messages" folder, instead of the usual Inbox in the messages section.
Please use plain text.
kruger123

Is there a setting on my Nokia 1208 that I can use to prevent incoming messages received in my screened messages box instead of my normal inbox or any alert?

This is what happened to me: I was texted about a death in the family in July 2010 and only came upon it by chance in my "screened messages" yesterday.

Do you have any solution?

Thank you

Kind regards

Hettie Kruger

Please use plain text.