Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

security code for Resettingn Factory Settings

Counsellor
bjproc

security code for Resettingn Factory Settings

I have used this code once, the one from the booklet, but i have had a firmware upgrade since and i'm now trying to reset my phone back to factory settings but the code from the book is now not working & i havn't set one, is there a way to recover it?
Please use plain text.
Professor
megadodo

Re: security code for Resettingn Factory Settings

[ Edited ]
If the phone has had a firmware upgrade then the default security code of 12345 applies. If this does not work then the code has been manualy changed or the phone is faulty.

Message Edited by megadodo on 26-May-2006
09:41 AM

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
bjproc

Re: security code for Resettingn Factory Settings

hi, thanks for the info, but i got it to work this morning using the standard numbers, is there a set number of times you can try and then you have to wait a while?
Please use plain text.