Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

streaming videos on Asha 200

sakibnavidkhan

streaming videos on Asha 200

I recently broght Asha 200, a good phone but facing one issue on streaming videos cant open please help me how to play streaming videos on asha 200 and how to configure manual gprs settings on asha 200.
Please use plain text.
Professor

Re: streaming videos on Asha 200

Please use plain text.
Advisor
roguecroce

Hi,

I have a Asha 201, which, I believe has the same spec as the 200 but can use only one sim card at a time. Thank you for providing the link for the device details for the Asha 200 but I can't see on that page were it says that the Asha can't stream or download video content. I've been have a row with Nokia over this issue for my 201. As late as yesterday I was told that the Asha can stream, but can't download by customer services. Finally got an email today telling me that the Asha's OS does not support video streaming. So you were perfect correct in your reply to the original message here.  I think Nokia have got a cheek, as on the website for the Asha there is a youtube app on display which, surely implies that the phone can use the site. Anyway, if you could point me to the part of the page you provided that actually tells the customer no streaming, I be very grateful. Thank you in advance.

Nick
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

Go to this link & follow the instructions there. You will be able to download & watch the video on your phone. (But streaming will not be possible).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Razor007

All of the asha 200 users are facing the same prob..
Please use plain text.
Professor

Nokia site only lists the features that are IN the phone. Not those that are OUT from the phone.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Makbest

Pls,help suggest a phone next to the Nokia Asha's (alternative) which will do such task of streaming videos.Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I dont agree with u because nokia asha 305 also a dual sim and 2g device before uodation softwere also this device you tube not support but after updation softwere youtube and videostreaming support. I want to request u to again plz make a new softwere with video streaming feature plz
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Edwinpj

Hmmm......My is also Nokia Aasha 200.Screen size 320*240,12kb/sec to 48kb/sec GPRS 2G.It is much better than Nokia C1-01 Screen 128*160,12kb/sec to 40kb/sec GPRS 2G.Nokia C1-01 got streaming support with its new software update.Then why Aasha 200 is not having a streaming support?:@
We can also hope that One day our mobiles will also get streaming support...........:crying:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
cjsaraf

Please give streaming update for nokia 200 :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Shashwatshukla2

Please update the nokia asha 200 software so that video streaming will be supported as nokia c1-01 now supports video streaming after latest software update
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mayavikuttan

No way who said that c1-01 geted streaming after the software updation it's fake i updated software but i can't unable to stream youtube.
if it true comment me guys
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Einsteinmarble

Nokia 200 asha can stream very well,it is just dat u pple dont know hw 2 set it,i am even using a nokia 200 asha phone right now and can stream better than c3 but d problem lies with all dis buffering of a stuff after every 2 minutes.
Please use plain text.
Asha200memory

[ Edited ]

But how asha 200 can support streaming...
Plsss mail me at XXXXXXX@gmail.com

Moderator's note: Personal information are not allowed on this forum. (email address removed).

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

You can simply use default browser or opera mini and open m.youtube.com . There you go, ready to stream the videos without any settings.

Do know that it requires a minimum speed of about 15 to 25 KBps for 3GP youtube video steaming without any buffer.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Asha200memory

@ Srikanthsd
Sir, I've done this 100 of times,,,
but my nokia asha 200 doesn't support streaming till now,,,,
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Try the manual setting as explained in this post and try again.
http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Pool-of-Knowledge/Manual-internet-settings-for-Asha-and-other-Nokia-...

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vpkaushal

I have not found any solution to directly viewing Youtube videos on Nokia asha 200. You can  download and convert Youtube video in avi format on your pc and download to play on your Nokia asha 200.

Go to www.freemake.com. and download free video convertor for mobile phones. There are some add-ons when you download it, but you can remove them later, if you donot want them. The site may ask for some donation. You may donate a small or big amount as you wish to get a permanent key. The convertor is the best of all I have tried.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Einsteinmarble

am back again,if u want ur asha 200 to stream just follow my steps
download xwendr into ur desktop,den extract the files using 7zip make sure ur asha is connected via usb in mass storage mode,now during extraction u will c an a microfile named wildeq now open it and edit it like dis homepage:youtube.com?/watchvids/
priority:stream
filetype(initially it will appear as frv but u change dat to .jar)
finally close dat file den send it to ur memory card and it will appear as a browser so anytime u want to access a streaming just use dat browser.ENJOY.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ktahir9290

i updated my software last week live streaming is not possible in asha 200
Please use plain text.