Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

transfer pics from phone

Registered Member

transfer pics from phone

new to wireless phones.  i have a 2330 with camera.  can i transfer the pics to my pc?  there does not seem to be any kind of port on phone to do this.  i suspect i cannot hook to my pc, but thought i'd check to be sure.

thanks.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Re: transfer pics from phone

hi xtroop,

i'm new to phones too, that's including wireless. anyway i looked up specifications of Nokia 2330 classic here:

http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/devices/nokia-2330-classic/specifications

and under connectors we read

• 2.5 mm Nokia AV connector

I have no idea what AV connector is but if you're in a busy let me please take a look at the web;

AV connector means here Audio and video connector

oh i found out something which might be useful to you:

please visit t his article regarding

Nokia AV 2.5mm/3.5mm Connector

http://www.forum.nokia.com/Technology_Topics/Mobile_Technologies/Connectivity_&_Interfaces/Wired_Int...

copy paste:

Nokia AV is a 2.5-mm or 3.5-mm analog interface providing stereo audio out and video out to standard audio accessories and consumer electronics (home stereos, TV, car stereos, etc.).

so if by pics you mean the photos taken :smileysad: then i think 2330 doesn't have a way to transfer the pics to my pc, i mean yours. yes i do lots of copy-paste :smileyhappy: so that's why the reply isn't quite organized. bear with me.

i hope this helps xtroop. i hope too someone might answer my question on the other thread too.

..who wants kudos :smileyhappy:
guidelines for Nokia discussion forums are here: http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/discussions/board/message?board.id=guidelines&thread.id=2
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

hi,

it seems i had missed some important good news for you :robotsurprised:

i missed the idea of Bluetooth in my previous reply. I don't know how i forgot aobut it. while taking a second look at Specifications of nokia 2330 classic i realized it really got a wireless method to connect it to a computer.

Local connectivity and synchronisation

• Bluetooth version 2.0
  • Support for local and remote SyncML synchronisation

so here you are "Bluetooth version 2.0". and there's another connectivity method "syncML", but i don't know what it stands for.

so nokia 2330 classic does indeed have wireless connectivity.

guidelines for Nokia discussion forums are here: http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/discussions/board/message?board.id=guidelines&thread.id=2
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Thanks to all.  I will check out the sites mentioned.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Thanks Miquo, but it seems the AV conn. is for headsets to listen to phone calls as is bluetooth.  it appears there is no way to transfer pics from my phone to computer.  oh well.

thanks again.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

so Bluetooth capability doesn't strictly mean to transfer files from and to devices supporting bluetooth. hmm that's new thing.

take a look here xtroop:

http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/accessories/all-accessories/headsets/bluetooth-headsets

you're right; there are bluetooth headsets which i wasn't aware of before.

But how do we know which kind of bluetooth it's meant when it's all Bluetooth version 2.0?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
GeneGriffin

How do I transfer pics from my 6350 to pc?

Thanks,

Gene

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
artnut

:smileyindifferent:

With a lot of experimentation I finally found that I can send my photos to my home pc.

Go into camera

Go into options

Go into open gallery

Go to images

select the image you want to transfer

Open that image

hit send

select message

enter your email address

In Options select Send

There are some shortcuts you will find as you do more.

Hope that helps.

:smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Remove the SIM card, attach mini USB cable from the phone to the computer. Select the image or video folder which will show up on the compurer. Copy immages or videos to folder on the computer. Disconnect USB cable, close phone, replace SIM card.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

6350 wrote:
Remove the SIM card, attach mini USB cable from the phone to the computer. Select the image or video folder which will show up on the compurer. Copy immages or videos to folder on the computer. Disconnect USB cable, close phone, replace SIM card.

Do you really need to remove the SIM ?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

farby wrote:
Do you really need to remove the SIM ?

I can't think of any reasons of why that'd be required.

Please use plain text.
Sage
N8one

xtroop wrote:

new to wireless phones.  i have a 2330 with camera.  can i transfer the pics to my pc?  there does not seem to be any kind of port on phone to do this.  i suspect i cannot hook to my pc, but thought i'd check to be sure.

thanks.

There is no data cable for this handset. Your best bet is a simple bluetooth data suite. They can be purchased on the high street for less than £10.00 and will give you a wireless connection to your PC. This will at least negate the data costs and make life far easier. 

Other benefits are it will work with pretty much any handset that has bluetooth enabled. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
lizzid

Thank you Thank you Thank you - worked a treat after trying so many methods and this was so simple:smileyvery-happy: Lizanne

Please use plain text.