Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: video streaming problem in asha 311.

Contributor
Anuma

video streaming problem in asha 311.

why cant i watch videos in 311? only nokia browser supports youtube. but i need to watch it using someother apps like 'HD youtube videos', 'all video' that were downloaded via my advanced nokia suite. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

I need to check those apps. If you are actually downloading and then playing it, don't go with too heavy quality or it won't play.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Okay, i tried HD YouTube videos and its just a simple app which fetches videos from YouTube using the feeds. And because it opens up in a different browser, it doesn't know how to handle RTSP links.
Even if it would've played them, the quality of the video will remain the same as the video is still from YouTube only difference is how you arrive at YouTube. You should instead download videos using a suitable tool and then play them and the quality will be better.

If you need a better quality in streaming, that isn't possible.
Please use plain text.
Professor

according to spec sheet it supports youtube streaming. what exactly happens when you try to stream ?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Anuma

Hi,

what exactly happens when i try to stream is  i am getting error message saying that "sorry. you can only download videos with this phone. this website uses video streaming which is not supported".

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Yeah! Exactly. But, that's because the browser which opens up the video feeds doesn't know how to open RTSP links and thus displays that message.
As i already said, being those are mere feeds and the actual video is indeed on YouTube, you'd have experienced the same video quality even if it worked. Sadly, it didn't work due to a bug in the browser.
I'd recommend you to better download the videos and then watch them with a superior quality.
Please use plain text.
Sage
classic_sis

@Anuma

Java phone isn't as good as Symbian or other operating system phones. There isn't YouTube app for Java at Nokia Store. The YouTube app is support for Symbian. When I still use Nokia 6730 classic I can't stream videos via native browser, so I use YouTube app. I think that was maybe the native browser is lack of Adobe Flash.
Niki
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

Download Opera Mini on the phone from Nokia Store. Open YouTube on it by going to m.youtube.com. Search for the video you want to watch. Then click on quality-high. This will enable you to watch videos in High quality on the device. Please ensure that the network connection speed in good enough or it will lead to lag in video playing.

You will not be able to watch some videos on the phone as they are available only for desktop version of the site.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Professor

I read somewhere that if you do a HTML file with a link to m.youtube.com and put that to the phone memory or SD card and open, it will work. Don't have 311, can someone tell if that solves it ?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Moved to new thread on Asha and other Nokia Series 30 and Series 40 phones board

Please use plain text.
niyasabsl

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Bad-Post-Archive/Re-video-streaming-problem-in-asha-311/m-p/1546122#...

It says 'Access denied for me' :smileysad: I have the same streaming issue in asha 311. Any solution for this.. If I try it even with opera mini, it loads forever and finally says 'No response try again'...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kk007

Re: video player problem in asha 311.

when i play a video then after a sometime the player become chash also closed the video player and locked the ph.....plz help me what should i do???? :confused:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

That might happen in case of using up all of your device's RAM. Are you running any background apps such as whatsapp or email?
Also, make sure you keep some phone memory free.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
asifdall

my nokia asha 311 not suport streaming what i do????? all setings are instaled
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

You surely have incorrect settings. Works very fine for me on both 2G and 3G
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
asifdall

When i open any video their is a eror that " this website need streaming wich is not suported" what i do?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
akbhatia

i dont understand one thing that when i play videos on youtube quality is poorer than worst but if i play videos on the software named 'sony live' (playing all videos broadcasted on sony channel) the quality is superb, how does this difference is arised on the same phone (nokia asha 311) please let me know if u have any clue about it...................

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cortez72

Solution

[ Edited ]

Have you created the streaming settings for video streaming on your phone?

If not , then open your phone menu:

goto settings>config. set.>personal config. set.>add new>streaming

and leave all options undisturbed and them go back. Long press on ‘my streaming’ and then ‘activate’ .

It shud work now.

P.S. "add new " option is under upper left corner menu  ( three little lines)

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sandy2292

In asha311, Whenever i go to play youtube it shows "no response, try again" what i do, help me ..!!
Please use plain text.
evilboy

I have a video playback problem on my asha 311 . Whenever i play any video stored on memory card it lags for 20 or 30 seconds after that its speed will become normal . Pls help me out with this problem.
Please use plain text.