Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

virus on s40?

virus on s40?

hy everyone! can someone tell me if its posible to get a virus on a s40 operating sistem?

thx all!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: virus on s40?

Possible but very difficult and highly unlikely.

All you have to do is to use a little common sense and not accept any bluetooth messages from strangers and do not install any dodgy applications and you should be fine.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

It is not possible for a virus to infect a S40 phone.

It may be different for a worm/trojan horse, but those would require user intervention to install and run.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.

thx both of u. a lot. but sadly i allready have it:smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Why do you say so? What is wrong with your phone?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Edwinpj

Hai,but my mobile (Nokia C2-00) is infected by virus.Sometimes when alarm comes,i click stop.it willn't stop.sometimes,i cant turn on mob.one day i have turn off the mob.then i cant turn on.then i have gone to Nokia service centre.they updated the software.they said that the mobile was infected by virus.now a days i am restoring repeatedly.i want a anti virus.please share the link which i can get an anti virus (please share if it is a third party software).
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

You DO NOT need any Anti virus..

Have a look at this ...and .. this ..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Agreed. You may have a *faulty* device but you almost certainly do not have an *infected* device.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Edwinpj

Ok I understand it.....I have experimented a lot......And I am using Nokia mobiles since 2008.
In my experiments I got a the source of the problem.The problem is happening due to the errors in Software.If we update the device software(Menu>Settings>Device>Device Update),the problem could be solved.
Please use plain text.
Sage
palani6

S40 device will not be affected by virus.
But SD CARD (memory card) has the chance of affecting virus.

Effects:

1) It will slow down phone speed
2) gallery will take time to open
3) files will open very slow

clear virus using antivirus using pc....

Please use plain text.