Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: whats this my screen is doing weird things

Sage
cutej007

whats this my screen is doing weird things

sometimes my icons are going up and down and then anything is happening tell me how to fix this

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

Did you try the Nokia Software Recovery Tool already?

Please use plain text.
Sage
cutej007

No will that will help me
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

Most probably it will since the problem seems to be related to the Software and the 'tool' will do a fresh install.

A word of caution : All your data will get erased.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

cutej007 wrote:
Will [Nokia Software Recovery Tool] will help me?

I doubt because your issue looks like a hardware issue to me. Could be anything from a dirty display connector to broken flash chip. Anyway, the Nokia Software Recovery Tool rules out all software and configuration issues. If the issue remains, you know for sure, you face a hardware issue. And because we are not allowed to discuss hardware repairs here, your next step would be your dealer who sends your Nokia phone over to a local but genuine Nokia Care Centre.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Almost similar thing had happened once on my Nokia 5800xm. A Firmware re-install thru' Nokia Suite had solved it .. In those days the Nokia Software recovery Tool did not exist.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

Nokia 5800 XpressMusic was a Symbian/S60 device, its display-drawing routines are located in a complete different layer in the OS, as compared to a Nokia Series 40 phone. For the sake of cutej007, I hope I am wrong – but he asked.

Please use plain text.