Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: 3G Mobiles supports AMR-WB codecs

Registered Member

3G Mobiles supports AMR-WB codecs

Hi,
Anyone know the Nokia 3G handset that announced in Barcalona supports WB-AMR?

Thanks,
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

I think most Nokia 3G handsets support both AMR-WB and AMR-NB.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

You can check specific devices here:

http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/

The information you need is in the multimedia section of each device.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi,
I don't mean play WB-AMR muisc files, I mean send and recieve voice traffic with WB-AMR codec.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

Does it matter? The phone will use the best audio codec it has, and which matches the best one the network, which the phone is connected to at the moment, supports.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]

Several Nokia phones have WB-AMR codec support for voice calls over internet (see Forum Nokia).   Not sure this is very useful, as the most common wideband codec for VoIP seems to be G722 (e.g.: Siemens Gigaset telephone models and others)

Please use plain text.
LadaKava

I am also searching for mobile with 3G AMR-WB. I found this  page: http://www.nokiasiemensnetworks.com/portfolio/products/gsm/mobile-hd-voice-a-windfall-gain-in-user-e... .

On this page is written that Nokia E72 is used for AMR-WB in Orange France. I try more firmware types of E72 but no AMR-WB is possible. Does somebody know what I have to do with E72 for using AMR-WB?

I personally tested that Nokia N96-1 S60 and Sony Ericsson W995 have AMR-WB and it is possible to make a AMR-WB call in our lab, see attachments.

Please use plain text.
energizer

Hi. Try to get a polish T-Mobile firmware. I flashed this on to my E52 and it supports AMR WB. Other firmwares I tried didn't support it. I'd also love to know what's in this firmware to enable it on other phones like the C5 and 5630 XM.

Please use plain text.