Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Bluetooth headset on NOKIA N73

mimicomm

Bluetooth headset on NOKIA N73

Hi there.
Could anyone help me with that?
My Nokia N73 keeps loosing connection with Motorola H300 or Motorola H500 bluetooth headsets. Actually what is happening is as follows:After switching the headset on mobile initiate connection and confirms by showing the BT icons on the screen.After pressing and holding the headset button the mobile re-dials the last called number.I can hear beeps confirming actions taken place but can not hear any conversation whatsoever.Resolving the problem by switching the BT off and back on won't help.However switching mobile phone off and then back on will solve the problem for a while.Does anyone have any idea what's happening and how can I sort the problem out?
Thx.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
gogsey

Re: Bluetooth headset on NOKIA N73

Hi

Nokia does not guarantee that third party bluetooth headsets will work with their handsets. If you go to http://www.nokia.co.uk/accessorieslink?s=n73 you will be able to find compatible bluetooth headsets.

Hope this helps :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
mimicomm

Thx gogsey.
I think that you are right however I've found out a small detail which could resolve the problem I described earlier.
I spent some time by testing different bluetooth headsets and noticed that there is a problem with Nokia N73 on it's own. I do not know whether is the software or hardware related problem but the fact is that Nokia N73 is slow,far much slower than any other previous Nokia mobiles.
It takes between 30-60 seconds after powering N73 on to initializate bluetooth devices previously paired with the mobile.So when someone is ringing and your BT headset is powered off DO NOT TRY to answer the call by switching immediately BT headset on-not even geniune Nokia one.It needs the time mentioned above to initializate the connection.Otherwise you won't be able to hear the other party and will need to switch into Headset instead anyway.
That's the message for everyone experiencing the difficulties with BT headsets on Nokia N73.
Please use plain text.
mimicomm

And one more think gogsey.
Nokia BT headsets work much faster than any other branded BT devices.However they all will work with Nokia N73 well except that small detail which must be unfortunately taken into consideration. Good luck.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
firenze2153

hey, i had tried connecting with motorola S9 headset.....it takes just about 5 seconds once it has been paired
Nokia N79 10.046
Please use plain text.
Professor
zitseng

Hmm seems to work fine with my Jabra BT250v.

I had some problems previously when I incorrectly paired my N73 with the BT250v using headset profile (tended to loose connection regularly), but all was fine when I used handsfree profile.

(Though admittedly I occasionally still have problem with other party hearing nothing from me except static noises... but could be my headset is partially broken from physical mishandling :smileytongue:)
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hi zitseng!

Hope you'll read my post. I have difficulties getting the BT250V and N73 to work. So I would like to get your advice what to do exactly to make it work. Please write back :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Professor
zitseng

To pair using the handsfree profile, you press and hold the "talk" and "volume up" buttons simultaneously until you get the solid blue LED lighted up. This is what you want. :smileyhappy: The handsfree profile is more advanced, supporting features like voice dialing.

If you press and hold the "talk" button only, you also get a solid blue LED but this pairs using the headset profile. This had some problems for me.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]
I FOUND A SOLUTION FOR PAIRING NOKIA N73 WITH JABRA BT250V !!!!!

I just got my N73 and have the following firmware: 4.0726.2.0.1

Just pairing it in the handsfree profile did not solve the problem but here is what I did. (I don't know exactly what made it work but I am just going to write down the steps.)

1. If you already have the headset in your N73's bluetooth device list (because you paired it), delete it from the list.

2. Switch off Bluetooth.

3. Turn off the N73, take out the battery, wait a couple of secs, put the battery back in and turn it on again.

4. Set back the Jabra --> Switch it off, put it in the charger for 3 secs and then pull it off. Now you have to switch it off (by pressing and holding the "talk" button).

5. For pairing it with the N73 in the handsfree profile, press and hold the "talk" and "volume up" button simultaneously until you get the solid blue LED lighted up.

4. Turn on Bluetooth in the N73.

7. Search the Jabra with the N73 (System --> Bluetooth --> New Device) and add it to the list.

8. Now turn off the Jabra again and set it back again! (see 5)

When you pull off the headset after the 3 secs, you should see the headset symbol in your N73 and it should work properly now.

Hope it works for everyone else, too!

Good luck!

Message Edited by cherrybabe on 28-Sep-200701:04 PM

Message Edited by cherrybabe on 28-Sep-200701:06 PM

Please use plain text.
Professor
zitseng

Ok glad you've got your BT250v working. I believe the steps you did with the BT250v resets it. I suppose that's a good thing to try if it has somehow mucked up. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor

lol, that's what I meant with "Set back". Of coure, reset! :smileywink: Forgot the word... :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
drjamit

Hi !
i just went thru this post but was late i suppose
I already bought Jabra BT 8010. Its a beautiful headst with option of making it A2DP headset with given extra headset for other ear. But on daily basis i m irritated to see its response. It wont relay the sound even after showing that it is connected.
I have tried many things
1.Rebooting
2.taking battery out
3 deleting pairing and then again pairing and so forth
but it all depends on my luck . Some day i will get sound and some day i wont
i only purchased this after getting rumors that more than 10 min usage of mobile may lead to Chemical changes in brain tissue.
I think i have chosen the wrong one since i m not able to use it
Please help
Please use plain text.
Advisor
scott01

if the bluetooth device is no good to you then i will have it if you dont want it (lol)or sell it on ebay
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
drjamit

Ok. would be good
will u be buying it
i bought it for 6900 Indian Rs that is approx 170 US Dollars
Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]
Hi,

in what state do i have to push the call (green button i supose and the volume up (zoom button on the right side i suppose). I can't get my N73 into handsfree state ... cannot connect to my carkit (IHF1000 motorola OEM toyota) Pairing OK but connection not OK ...

can someone help me??

Message Edited by titte on 24-Oct-200706:06 PM

Please use plain text.
Sage
coopere

i was looking at the new bluetooth headsets nokia introduced. namely the bh-602 and bh-902, but the n73 isn't on their list of compatible phones. what gives. i realy like these headsets and thinking of picking up one of them for the christmas.
is this an error that the n73 aren't listed or its just not compatible.
everything happens for a reason
check out my blog @ http://mycellife.blogspot.com/
Please use plain text.
Advisor
scott01

erm i think i will buy one of ebay. wow for that price what else does it do (write a text message for you) haha
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
drjamit

Hi
Its a A2DP headset with AVRCP and u get a second headset with it so that u can listen to music while going back home (BT Stereo HEASDPHONE )
It has a caller id, 30 Nos phone book, Vibration, Seperate ring tones,
Please use plain text.

Can I use motorolla s9 bluetooth headset with my nokia n73 me phone.v4.0736.3.2.1

can i controll the songs with the motorolla s9.

please reply me
Please use plain text.

Hi, I've just tried that with my Jabra BT200. My Nokia N73 worked find with this earpiece for 15 months, but the N73 was running like a dog so I upgraded to the latest software, and since then I have failed to get my Jabra working. On searching it finds it, connects, then after a couple of seconds drops the connection, with the little brackets around the dot disappearing. When I press the button on the Jabra to prompt a connection again it connects, but then it disconnects. I've tried every combination of taking the battery out, turning this and that off, but the thing refuses to stay connected. I'll have to buy another earpiece but just wonder if any will work with the new software. Any ideas anyone?
Please use plain text.