Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Connecting E 72 to Renault Blue tooth

Contributor

Connecting E 72 to Renault Blue tooth

I have just changed my car to the latest Renault Megane with built in blue tooth

E72 paired easily but constantly looses connection and re makes connection , it also freezes radio, I have consulted Renault dealer who is looking into it but has any one had similar problems with similar blue tooth problems with in car systems

The E 72 is running with latest software update, And freezing of radio has only happened since up grade to new soft ware but connection has never worked properly since taking car delivery on 1st April  Any help appreciated

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Chris_1930

Hi,

Personnaly I can't connect to the Renault BT using the E72 from Nokia. It simply does not "sees" my E72, nor it "pairs" with the Nokia .... nothing happens.

I verified with another phone : an  old Nokia 6310 and it worked perfectly. Same with a non-Nokia phone.

Conclusion : the problem is not a Renault problem, this is related to the Nokia E72  phone.

Help : you said you succeeded in connecting (pairing) your E72 to your car; how did you that ?

Thanks for your help.

Chris

Please use plain text.
Contributor

My E72 automatically paired after some effort but sometimnes freezes radio completely so dont try it, you will have to disconnect battery to re set radio

Cheers

Please use plain text.
T3chnoman

Just to let you know, I have a Mazda 6 with a built in Radio/Bluetooth, previously with a Windows 6.1 os smartphone all worked well, however since upgrading (within last week) to the E72 I find frequently after a call the E72 does not clear down and so the radio is stuck as though you are still in a call, I have found you need to manually disconnect Bluetooth on the phone. I think their is a "Nokia bluetooth" compatibility issue by the sounds of it

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mgwbots

Hi,

I just read your treath and I have exactly the same problem. I received my Nokia E72 only 2 days ago and now I feel a bit disappointed.

My Renault Bluetooth was working 100% with my old Windows Mobile phone. I will contact Nokia for this problem, it seems that the problem is theirs.

Regards,

Michael

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
twesped

I have just bought Nissan with bluetooth which connects successfully but disconnects randomly again several times while connected.

My phone E72 is updated with latest firmware.

The nokia E72 has bluetooth problems when does Nokia face this fact?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
catnamedog

Hi

I've had my E72-1 for about a year now. I recently bought a Medion radio from Aldi, which has inbuilt bluetooth. It paired really easily, following the instructions. However, when I get back into the car it usually fails to pair again. The only way I've found to fix it is to delete the pairing on the E72, and pair the radio up with my old N78 (this works perfectly, and stays paired at all times). Once I do this, I can then re-pair to the car using the E72 as if it was a brand new device. It works for maybe the first 2 times of switching the ignition on, but then fails again.

So, in conclusion I think that there is definitely a problem with E72 bluetooth, and like most of the other problems we report, Nokia will do nothing about it.

Incidentally, the Medion radio is fantastic value at £50.00!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
RS250

I have exactly the same issue, I just recently upgraded to a E72 from my previous E71 and constantly connects and disconnects about every 60secs, each time the radio drops out for about 5secs, extremely frustrating!!

The E71 worked perfectly without an issue since purchasing the new Renault in Dec 10.

Any ideas why this maybe occurring?

JOHN

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Victor765

I have exactly the same problem after updating my Nokia e72 last week. My brand new Renault Laguna (mid 2011) also paired easily with the e72 and constantly looses connection and re makes connection. The car radio shuts down every minute and restarts, also freezing my car navigation system and a dangerous when driving. Really horrible. I deeply regret constantly updating my Nokia firmware. Will never do that again.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
veric

Hello,

I just got my laguna with TomTom and my E72 did not connect. I connected some tips from several people and now it looks like it works:

- You have to delete all contacts from your E72 address-book which have no telephonenumber.

- In Menu | Panel | Settings | General | Acessoires | wireless carkit | set to default

Eric

Please use plain text.