I have a 4-5 month old E7 and since past 2 days the little USB sign on the home screen is blinking continuously. It keeps giving notice "connect USB cable to device", when i connect the USB it says "unsupported USB device. Disconnect device". Thus i am not able to connect to Ovi suite on my PC. I also faced the following-
1. When i plugged it for charging it didn't detect the charger, I had to switch it off once and then the charger was detected.
2. I searched many online forums and then tried connecting the USB to the E7 a number of times, I tried that while the phone was ON, while it was OFF, even blew in the USB port to see if there was some dust! When I connect the USB to the phone in OFF mode then it starts charging the phone as soon as it is switched back on. However it doesn't recognize the USB and does't get connected to Ovi Suite.
3. During the number of times that i tried connecting and disconnecting the USB, sometimes it recognized that a cable was attached and hence the blinking USB sign on homescreen stopped however the error messages keep on coming.
4. I have tried using the options of connecting USB with Nokia Ovi Suite as default option as well as Mass Storage as the default option but without any luck.
Can someone please tell me if this is a S/W problem or is it a H/W problem for which i need to go to their repair center? Any help is appreciated.
BTW, other Nokia forums such as Europe and Australia have the same problem posted and there are many users with the same problem but no feasible solution.
So I can not charge the phone, is there something I can do myself to fix this matter ?
A user had exactly the same problem as your E7, a visit to Nokia care center can help. Have a look at the below thread.
If a reply has solved your problem click Accept as solution button, doing it will help others know the solution. Thanks.
I am having the exact same symptoms as described above.
Not unknown for microUSB connector to flex and become detached from motherboard upon E7 in time so can elicit various errors before ultimately failing; if you establish connectivity at any time suggest backup device whilst you can.
Symbian specialist until 31/01/2013 with interests in Maemo & MeeGo but an aversion to Windows!
I had the same problem. I cleaned the connectors, switched the cable and it didn't work.
I manage to fix the problem using the following steps:
1. unplug the phone from all cables.
2. turn off the phone using 10sec on the on/off switch until it vibrates 3 times.
3. connect usb cable to the phone and on the computer and wait until nokia turns starts to charge itself.
At this moment my computer detected a removable mass storage device (i had the option ovi suite selected when i turned off the phone) and I did a virus search just in case. None found though.
4. Turn on the phone without unplugging it from usb cable.
The phone detected the ovi suite connection to the computer and the computer detected the phone also. I did a backup just in case and unplugged the phone. It froze and i had to turn it off and on again and from that moment on it works like a charm.
Try it..it worked for me
Hi guys. I got the same malfunction as well on my E7 today at 4AM.
I didn't rest untill I found the solution.
I'm not sure if this will be a solution for you guys but it sure worked for me.
I restored to factory settings and that's it. It's working fine now.
Don't forget to save everything first because the restoring to factory settings will erase everything from your contacts, calendar, notes, music, videos and photos.
Up untill now I'm not sure if this malfunction was due to a virus or a hardware conflict.
I downloaded a fiew apps from the store but I also used the USB cable to download some photos. so I'm not sure yet.
If your E7 keeps crashing and/or the window with the message "Please connect USB cable" keeps on appearing please be patient. Give it some time and try to access:
- Main Menu
- Phone Management
- Factory Settings
It should all work out from there.
Best of luck guys.
Same error started appearing yesterday evening. It seems device is stuck in USB OTG mode (like when OTG cable is connected, usb icon flashing).
I'll try reset, but it happened in a most unappropriate time ...