Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E72 can't connect in PC suite mode via USB

3X3CUTION3R

E72 can't connect in PC suite mode via USB

I am having a problem that I am unable to connect my E72 in PC suite mode via USB. It was working just fine earlier.

The weird thing is that it works fine on Bluetooth. Other modes (Mass Storage) are working fine via USB. So USB port/wire is fine.

The only thing that isn't working via USB is the PC Suite mode. I have tried selecting PC Suite mode in Settings> Connectivity> USB and also tried changing the Ask on connection option but it doesn't work. When I plugin my phone via usd, it prompts me to select the mode, if I select PC Suite it doesn't work, If I chose a mode other than PC suite, it works just fine.

Help me out here, I am baffled.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
krusada

Re: E72 can't connect in PC suite mode via USB

Please use plain text.
3X3CUTION3R

Krusada / James

You are spot on! I recently installed latest version of the Nokia Updater software in order to update the firmware for my E72, and after that my XP machine can't connect to my E72 in PC Suite mode. 

I think this a problem was caused by this installation of latest version of the Nokia Updater software, since everything was working fine earlier. 

I think you and I both should try uninstalling the nokia  Updater software or reverting to the old version of it and see if that solves the problem.

Thanks for your help and let me know if that works for you.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ahoucke

Hi,

similar problem - I can connect via usb when it is the first connection.  once I have disconnected the phone, it will no longer be recognized and no connection will be made, no matter what.  I have tried turning off phone and starting again - to no avail.  I have tried logging off Vista and logging in again - no go.  I presume there is some log file that needs to be refreshed but isn't.

When I reboot the pc, I get a bluescreen and a memory dump. The only thing that works is to turn off the pc, go through the bluescreen stuff, reboot and re-connect. The only "sync" this gets me is a time "sink". It's really frustrating. 

I am running Vista SP1.

Any help with this - Am almost ready to go back to a Windows device with ActiveSync....

Oh, yes, I have all the latest versions of everything (Nokia Updater, firmware, etc.) I checked every one of them first.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
JPS1970

Hey ahoucke,

did you find a solution to this problem because i have exactly the same issue, and it's driving me mad.

I called with the support department of Nokia and they told me to re-install pc-suite after completely removing the older version of pc-suite. Unfortunately I encountered exactly the same problem. One time connected and after it doesn't recognise my mobile.

I have windows 7 64bit running. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ahoucke

Hey, 

unfortunately, no solution yet.

I've tried resetting the reg files, reinstalling, no change.  I tried uninstalling the usb connect manager and reinstalling... I get one connection, after any disconnect, does not recognize phone.

I noticed a trail in which the guy said he'd found a solution.  That was to buy a Blackberry.... starts getting a bit expensive.

A.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hallpj

Having exactly the same problem. Changed from Windows mobile device to Nokia because I thought that it would be more reliable. Having spent a day trying to sync. contacts, seems like I was very wrong. Can only get it to work with bluetooth and then it's not stable.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

- this is happening on my Lenovo thinkpad laptop ( windows 7) I can connect through bluetooth only

- on my other laptop FujitsuiSimens (windows 7) both connections are working fine !!

so i think it is hardware acceptability problem 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
mrkatro

dear all,

any solution to this problem? does nokia listen to this?

I have also the same problem

Please use plain text.
lookleft

good afternoon to all

can't connect e72 to nokia pc suite,try this option

open nokia pc suite   then

click on synchronise  then

select the phone icon  you will get to a phone selecter page

click  connections on the phone selecter page

that will take you to nokia connection manager

SELECT USB

I HOPE THAT HELPS 

Had the same thing

NOKIA PULL YOUR SOCKS UP LETTING THE SIDE DOWN 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Esavier

Hey someone solve it? I can't connect for 4 days, this problem has occurred after NS Updater Module update, I check every possible system config Win XP,vista, seven nothing works, only basic modes as mass storage etc...  I think that PC software have bugs. Lookleft's Idea doesn't work, probably PC software can't establish connection with phone's soft... Probably connection protocol incompatibility... If I am right it won't be solved until next NS PC Suite update...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Esavier

Hey, I think I make a step forward:smileywink: I can connect via Nokia PC suite. How I done it? Take a look but first I backup and data from memory card and reset my phone, it's important, don't use any software, do it manually

First restore factory settings:

"To hard reset your Nokia E72 (English) you just have to press*#7370# and press Dial. The phone will request the security code that is by default 12345. Please be aware that you will loose all the data in your phone, so you should backup all relevant information."

But it wasn't work. Next I found an older version of nokia PC suite (I am already uploading it to server, I will attach link later), current version is Nokia PC Suite 7.1.51.0, but I install v7.1.30.8. After hard reset all data was erased and phone is in factory settings. Almost forgot it, when   you will be installing older version, if it's possible, disable network access...  Now I am able to establish connection via PC suite mode:smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Esavier

http://rapidshare.com/files/412778153/Nokia_PC_Suite_7_1_30_8_ALL.exe
after download check mds sum
(MD5: AF8715E31ADD1B381BD7BA37361B7D78)
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Mummy_Magpie

Thank you for this.  After my first successful attempt I too was unable to connect again via USB cable (and I don't have blue tooth so it was becoming an issue).  Following the advice given in some of the other threads I used the cleaner and uninstalled and reinstalled PC suite several times but to no avail (took a few evenings as it takes so long and my tolerance for frustration is low!).  Your tip gave me the clue I needed - it had worked first of all and then ceased to function some point after I had installed the software updater (I had also installed a number of other things so hadn't picked up a direct relationship between the two events).

I subsequently removed the software updater, removed PC suite using the cleaner file and then reinstalled it (but not the software updater) and I now have connectivity again.

Dissapointed that Nokia haven't sorted this out as it seems to be a fairly common problem - I am a first time Nokia user and am delighted with the E72 otherwise.

Thank you for you useful info.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Esavier

Hi again.

I am glad I could help with this:smileyhappy:

For the future, the problem with USB connection = a problem with nokia PC software,Reinstall it.

If  the problem will be sill occurs, install only Nokia PC suite it has everything necessary to connect your phone.

Thanks to Mummy_Magpie for solving the rest( I was just too lazy:smileyhappy:)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
murugan915

[ Edited ]

i am already downloaded pc suite for my nokea e72 mobile

i am also downloaded deiver software from other site

but still i am unable for connect internet through my mobile

help for send message for make correct settings in pc suite

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have edited and remove the email address that you have posted. We encourage user not to post personal details on the Nokia discussion. Thank you for understanding.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Esavier

Hi murugan915, please, follow instructions:

First install every nokia software from your computer, next, you may clear bugs in your registry system with registry cleaner, reg doctor or alternative program, next install only PC suite eventually nokia ovi suite. It should work...

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hi,

I also had a lot problems in my E72 to PC internet connections.

Now connection works well.

Try this:

Uninstall PC/OVI suite with nokia suite cleaner (available in nokia website). Connect E72 to PC via USB cable. Select "Connect PC to web" in USB selection mode.

It will take a while to configure settings automatically from your E72 and will be ready to connect to internet.

If it doesn't work, Try format hard disk and reinstall OS and try to connect again.

I have tried this (without installing suites) with 4 systems and works well.

Happy surfing!

PS: Still having problem? write full details of procedures you have done. We will try to find a solution.

Please use plain text.
Marsfield

Update your USB cable driver (http://www.nokia.com.sg/support/download-software/cable-drivers/driver-for-nokia-dke-2-dku-2-ca-42-c... Ensure you install the driver after installing the PC Suite. It worked for me and hope it will work for you and everyone too.
Please use plain text.
stefan_petcu

is not working!
Please use plain text.