Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: How to know which app is trying to connect ?

akmalito
Accepted Solution

How to know which app is trying to connect ?

Hello all,

I got a 5800 xpress

lately, exactly at 2:22 and 8:22 each day, my mobile phone connects to the internet without prompting !

I didnt install any new application lately... and i need to stop that, because i dont know why it is connecting, and which application is doing that and why ..

Can anyone help by telling how to know which application is doing that ?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Install this on your phone and check it at the time you have mentioned or after a couple of minutes after that.. and it should show which programme used the connection..

Please use plain text.
akmalito

thanks for your help :smileyhappy:
I got another issue while trying to use your method... my mobile phone memory is now 20 KB and it wont accept any installations...
i checked the details and everything is very low memory consuming except 25 MB for SIS applications and 50 MB (other files)...
I opened the file manager and couldn't locate any of that big files, any ideas how to find those 50 MB other files ?
Sorry for being so detailed :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

For that too you may have to install a 3rd Party File explorer like X-plore. But if you are planning to delete anything from that Folder then be very careful. Unless you are sure about the function of a particular Application (File) do not delete, else you will lend in a bigger problem.

Un-install any applications that aren't realy needed. Check if you have unknowingly installed applications in Phone memory that can be installed on Memory card. As a drastic step you may do a Soft Reset by dialing *#7370# followed by 12345 (default code unless changed by you) when prompted. This will erase all data from the Phone memory and leave you with a max. free space in the Phone. As mentioned, this will erase all data so Back-up data before doing this. Once done restore only these things that you realy need.

Please use plain text.
akmalito

Thanks a lot farby for your detailed and valuable help, appreciated :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.