Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N73 bluetooth doesn't work with mac after firm...

Registered Member

N73 bluetooth doesn't work with mac after firmware update

I recent updated the firmware on my N73 from 3.xx something to 4.0735.3.0.2 and now the phone will no longer sync (or even connect) to my mac laptop over bluetooth. It will pair, but thats it.

Is there a fix for this problem or a way that I can downgrade back to the 3.xx firmware so that my syncing works again? This phone is much much less useful if I can't sync my contacts and calendars.
Please use plain text.

Re: N73 bluetooth doesn't work with mac after firmware update

I have the same problem. Now the phone is useless. I don't have internet on my macbook and I can't sync my calendar :smileysad:
Please use plain text.

Same problem here, firmversion 3.0638.0.0.1 is still working
Version V4.0736.3.2.1 is offline and therefore useless for me.

Is there a way or feedback form so that you can tell the developers that there is a bug?
Please use plain text.

I have the same problem. The connection with my computer works correct. But the connection with the handsfree option in my Renault with carminat system stays dead....
My suggestion was to reinstall the firmware v3.0705.1.0.31
but according to Nokia is that impossible???
Please use plain text.

Same here. Is it possible to downgrade firmware?
Please use plain text.
Contributor

same problem here. It would be nice to know if someone is working in order to resolve this problem.
Please use plain text.

My N73 has the same problem too. I found this happens because the new firmware cannot popup the dialog "Accept Connection request from Macbook". so I believe that there must be something wrong with the bluetooth transform protocol which the new firmware modified. hopefully that someone can resolve the problem or the new released version can fix it.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Even after installing 4.0750.31.2.1 i still can not connect to my Mac mini and MacBook Pro.

Tomorrow i am going to visit a Nokia service point to downgrade the firmware. Or would it be a better idea to place the N73 in front of my car and override it?

Thanks for your nice Support Nokia! I am posting this from my iPhone which works MUCH better than my N73 ever did. Bye!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I can not sync my N73 (Code 0541715) -
according to the "Can I update" Website
the latest Version is 3.0704.1.0.1,

but T-Mobile Germany updated my Mobile Phone
after taking off the Sim-Lock to 4.703.2.8.2.

Now I can't connect my Phone via Bluetooth
to MacOSX 10.5.2 (Build 9C7010)
anymore.

I have spoken to Apple,
who are aware of the Situation
but said that Nokia has to fix issues in their Software.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
mccbleue

Sometimes, network operators approve software updates to their own software versions via their care services or the manufacturer's care services, but not via NSU, so it is perfectly possible that T-mobile or Nokia service centres could apply a newer version than NSU offers. SIM-lock status has no impact on the update, it is based purely on the product code.

Network-variant phones are often more bug-ridden than standard ones, you only have to read through this forum to see that. The way it works is: manufacturer devcelops software and tests it thoroughly. Neworks demand changes so they can promote their own services. Manufacturer makes changes to operator-version and sends back to operator for approval. Operator doesn't test its variants as throughly as the manufacturer tests the standard models.

It costs more, but it is often better to buy standard phones instead of network versions because they are usually more reliable.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

No, this is a bug of ALL N73. My phone is standard and it has the same bug. Since Nokia doesn't care about that, it's better not to buy Nokia phones.
Please use plain text.

The older firmware worked just fine! Nokia seems to do nothing to fix this problem...So this was my last Nokia phone.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]
Check this thread: /discussions/board/message?board.id=connectivity&message.id=14479&jump=true#M14479

There are people trying to fix this issue by themself,

- Moderator Note: Abusive Note Deleted -

Message Edited by veederator on 25-Mar-2008 03:30 PM
Everybody loves Papy_Cartana

E71-2 NAM VERSION
Please use plain text.

Nokia seriously needs to do something about it.

People still do buy new N73 although its already quite old, so do something about it.

I am thinking of returning my N73 and getting a SonyEricsson instead.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I wish I'd found this thread *before* I updated the phone.

I've just inherited a Nokia N73 and found it really laggy (slow) to use, so after a lot of messing about (having to to set up an ancient PC in the cupboard just to run Nokia software update). I installed the 4.0735.3.0.2 firmware update, only to find that the bluetooth doesn't work, like everyone else.

Well done Nokia, thanks for that. A warning might've been nice. "This update makes your Nokia phone useable but less useful than before".
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I have seen that Nokia has issued a new Firmware Version.

unfortunately my N73 died during the Installation Process with the Software Updater.

It now takes 3 weeks to get it back because my Local Nokia Service Center is unable to do anything...
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I've not yet tried (need a windows machine), can somebody confirm if there's a working solution in this firmware?
Please use plain text.
Contributor

mm.. tried now, but it's the same firmware I'm running, 4.0812.4.2.1, so no fix
Please use plain text.

well, I'm stupid. I should read this thread before. Today I updated my N73 firmware to V4.0748.2.8.5. Now bluetooth pairing with my iMac (OS 10.5.4), iSync (3.0.2) doesn't work either.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Now is posible -- with the new firmware for Nokia N73

check !! 

N73 RM-132 & MACBOOK (Bluetooh)

Please use plain text.