Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N8 new phone - internet connection problems

debbie44

N8 new phone - internet connection problems

Please be gentle with me, I've never had an internet phone before and dont understand any of the terminology.

I've had my phone a few weeks and havent been able to connect to internet. I cna get googlemail through mobile data (whatever that is!). My phone package included free wifi with BT.

I've emailed and online chatted (thrugh my PC), but Nokia keep deleting my Nokia account and making me re-register. This doesnt help.

When I go to Wi-fi (through the home screen notification panel) it shows available 'networks' (??) including my BThomehub when I'm at home - but I cant connect, it goes to a BT page and asks for my username and password. Apparently this si supposed to be my Nokia one, but it isnt.

Help......

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: N8 new phone - internet connection problems

@debbie44

I'll try not to confuse you further, but pretty certain that any username and password is related to that given to you when you got your BT HomeHub and not Nokia related in any way; if you have BT email address it may be username@btinternet.com and your password.

On your N8 when you want to go online it takes access point from Priority 1 in Menu > Settings > Connectivity > Settings > Network Destinations > Internet; most users probably define home or office WLAN here.

When trying to connect to WiFi most wireless routers ask for WEP key, which is usually printed upon label on device

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.