Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia E-71 not working with Nokia PC Suite

2000taz

Nokia E-71 not working with Nokia PC Suite

Downloaded latest Nokia PC suite v7.1 on Win Vista PC and connected handset via USB cable. Out of 4 choices tried PC suite first. Device did not get detected by PC software. Then tried all the remaining choices. No luck. PC wizard keeps giving me the same message on the screen to connect handset to PC. Micro-SD is accessible by handset/ PC both and works fine. Also my USB cable does not charge the phone. Is there something wrong with the cable? (like not genuine) but it does pop up all the 4 options however.

*#0000# shows:

09-10-2008

rm-346

Nokia E71-1(20)

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Nokia E-71 not working with Nokia PC Suite

@2000taz

Whilst I can't address your non-connectivity issue be aware that E71 does not support USB charging although you could use USB with Nokia CA-100 charging cable which terminates in a 2mm pin.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
mroutledge

Had the same problem with my E71 this morning which has connected OK before. I updated to Nokia Suite 3.3.86 and am now connected, hope this helps, as previous poster says the E71 has no facility for charging through YSB
Please use plain text.
2000taz

Hi, thanks both of you for your responses.
@mroutledge: I have never used my E-71 handset directly with the PC for data transfer . So this is really the first time. I think I should try the Nokia Suite because I heard its replacing the OVI suite from previous verison. I Just thought I would try something lighter like the Nokia PC suite first so I tried the latest v7.1. For Nokia/ OVI suite, the latest version I believe is 3.3 but its quite bigger in size but more effiicient I think. I guess I would try that. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Also when I say Micro-SD is working for both PC/ handset, I mean that to be used in the PC, I have to actually take out the micro-SD from the handset and use it in the PC using the SDHC slot.
Please use plain text.
2000taz

Tried the Nokia/ ovi suite as well after uninstalling PC suite, Did not work. Any other ideas...please helppp? Same exact situation as PC suite.
Please use plain text.
jamillanjar

I HAVE SAME PROBLM WITH MY NOKIA C7-00 AND NOKIA SUITE...PLZ HELP
Please use plain text.
jamillanjar

Nokia C7-00 not working with Nokia PC Suite

WHEN I CONNECT MY MOBILE WITH PC BY USB NOTHING DISPLY, ONLY CONNECT PHONE,,,,,,,, WHAT IS THIS ? SOME DAYES AGO NOKIA SUIT WAS BETTER IT WAS WORKING AND SHOWING ME MY NOKIA C7-00 CONNECTING.... NOW NOTHIG,....... PLZ HELP ME

Please use plain text.