Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia E75 Connection Issues

Nokia E75 Connection Issues

Hi guys,

Can someone help?? I got this phone for personal use and don't really want to use it for the internet. I've read through the manual in an attempt to disable the internet options. However when ever I unlock the keypad the following heading appears:

'Select Connection' (with the following headings listed below it):

Search for WLAN

Internet

WAP services

Uncategorised

This is SO annoying b/c I have to press cancel every time I need to use the phone. I know I probably need to do something really simple but for some reason following the steps in the manual isn't working.

Any advice?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
kemmix

I personally haven't had this issue.

It seems like the problem may be that the WLAN Scanning is ON.  If you can see it on the main screen, open the WLAN Scanning menu, and select it/open the menu, and select "Switch WLAN Scan OFF"

Hope this does it for you...
Please use plain text.

Yeah tried this numerous times. Scanning is off but it's still popping up.
Please use plain text.

I have the same problem, even if the WLAN is off it still prompting select connection message :smileysad:

I also exit all the application, disconnect my email & make it manual sync. still same issue. Kinly help to get it resolved.

Please use plain text.
catkei1

I have just purchased a E75 and have the same problems and it is very annoying,  I can't even get to the WLAN as it asks for a password.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
georgije94

I HAVE FINALLY FOUND A SOLUTION!
GO TO MENU->EMAIL->SETTINGS->YAHOO MAIL (MY IS YAHOO, BUT IT CAN BE GMAIL OR SOMETHINGS ELSE)->WHEN TO SYNC-> AND HERE YOU MUST DESELECT DAYS ON -CONNECTION DAYS- AND TO SET MANUAL AT -UPDATE INTERVAL!!! I HAVE DONE THAT AND I DONT HAVE ANY MORE PROBLEMS WITH SELECT CONNECTION.. SORRY FOR BAD ENGLISH..

Please use plain text.