Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: my n8 has just completely died

natski82

my n8 has just completely died

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right section, but my n8 has just died all together. At first I thought it might've just been the battery, which I thought was pretty strange since I had 2 bars left and usually I get asked if I want to put it into safe mode to preserve battery power, which didn't even happen.

I was in the middle of a text message when it just shut off. I've been home for about an hour and have tried charging my phone with both my phone charger and the usb adaptor thing for the computer and nothing is happening. The phone always beeps at me when it gets plugged into the charger, or my computer dings at me if I'm charging from the computer. It's completely unresponsive and it's not even showing up as being connected to my computer at all.

I have no idea what's happened or how to fix it :smileysad: I've had the N8 since June last year. 

Please use plain text.
natski82

ok so I've also been trying to hold down the power button, I'm getting the vibrates but the phone still isn't switching on.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sjb_1984

Hey.

My N8 done a similar thing last year and i had to do the factory reset, you hold the power button in for 10 seconds and it vibrates a lot, then you can switch it on.

but if it doesnt come on after that then thats the extent of my knowledge im afraid :smileyfrustrated:

i only found out about the reset by phoning nokia as i was having lots of weird problems with it

Please use plain text.