Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: unable to perform Bluetooth operation

Registered Member
ngozito_david
Accepted Solution

unable to perform bluetooth operation

ani tym i wantah conect usin my blutut devix. It mks a noise n says: unable to perform bluetooth operation,
i nid help plz.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
kingblue

Re: unable to perform bluetooth operation

Hi ngozito_david,

Welcome to the Discussion Boards!

Could you please give us more details ? What phone and what Bluetooth device are you trying to connect to each other ?

Kind regards,

kingblue

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

@ kingblueModerator -

Having the same problem on my Nokia 5800xm. When I try to Activate BT in the phone it says 'Unable to perform Bluetooth Operation'.. some of the threads mention that if the Bluetooth Device Address is displayed when *#2820#  is dialled then its a Software problem ..not a Hardware issue (IS IT CORRECT ???) . As its being displayed on my device..thinking that the issue is only Software related, I Re-installed the previous version (v 52.0.007) without success. Even the latest firmware update (v 60.0.003) is of no help..

P.S. when the problem started a few days back.. the BT got activated after a FEW tries 2-3 times.. but after that no luck..-

Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)
ThreeOs

Hi guys,

Those couple of occasions where I've seen this same message were caused by hw issue (even *#2820# showed the BT address) so, could be worth of letting Care point to check the devices.

-ThreeOs

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Thanx ThreeOsTechnical Expert

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tisay

sir ,how to update the (v60.0.003)..but internet connectivity is unable ..please help..thanks
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tisay

sir my nokia 5800 the bluetooth is unable to operation ,the same in internet connectivity please help..thanks..

Please use plain text.
uniyalvixun

hii friend i am also faceing this mother **bleep**er like proble in my nokia e51 blutooth address 001dfdef1070.
When me turn on my bluetooth
Then reply an error
Unable to perform bluetooth operation.
Please give me solution.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Most probably its an Hardware issue, that needs to be corrected by Nokia care..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
fecaD

my bluetooth not working
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

If you search this Forum or even Google for the issue.. There is no ONE sure shot solution. There are most wierd suggestions posted with posts that follow saying "That worked for me".

So, search the Forum, try one by one and see if something works for you. If nothing works, visit Nokia Care...

Please use plain text.
barrikobadia

hello,my dear nokia care i have the same problem in my nokia c5-00 my bluetooth it not work i don't know why this happen to my phone i try to see some of phone maintainer they not succed to return bluetooth always switch off when i try to switch on it say's unable to perfom bluetooth operation.Now its like am nothing because my pleasure here is bluetooth i can't do any thing without bluetooth please dear nokia return my bluetooth to work.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Isantwo21

there is now a solution for the world wide bluetooth problem (unable to perform bluetooth operation).
The solution is that, you need to change the BLUETOOTH IC.
Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Isantwo21

unable to perform bluetooth operation
CHANGE THE BLUE
TOOTH IC!!!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rinku1590

I have given my mobile (5800 xm) to change the Bluetooth at nokia center but it came back saying its irreparable...  Person said "change the mobile".

Also because of it my phone battery life has also become very poor..Problem is with Bluetooth hardware.....   Suggest any solution

Please use plain text.
megagp

my nokia n73 have bluetooth prob
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

megagp wrote:
my nokia n73 have bluetooth prob

Check if the phone has the latest Firmware .. If its already with, then re-install the Firmware using Nokia Suite ..If this doesn't work, most probably its an Hardware issue that needs to be checked by Nokia Care technician ..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

rinku1590 wrote:

I have given my mobile (5800 xm) to change the Bluetooth at nokia center but it came back saying its irreparable...  Person said "change the mobile".

Also because of it my phone battery life has also become very poor..Problem is with Bluetooth hardware.....   Suggest any solution

Since it is irreparable by NCC, you may ask any other Mobile repair shop as the phone must be anyways out of Warranty by now. I had the same problem on my Nokia 5800xm and was told that it will cost Rs.1200/- by mobile repair shop ... 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
berserk_er

My N97 shows the same error. If the hard reset doesn't work, your Bluetooth IC is displaced or damaged. Mine is displaced as when I shake my phone real hard or tap it, Bluetooth starts working. Up till now, this is working for me... :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Shinzuz

i am using nokia c5 when i try to use bluetooth it says unable to perform bluetooth operation.
I dialled *#2820# and it is not showing any result stuck up with this problem help please
Please use plain text.